Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

yogiB1
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Jul 2015, 4:05 am

After a very interesting series of events, I may have a new position in a totally different field. Currently I am working within an organization doing suicide intervention, and crisis prevention. I learned very quickly, that this is absolutely not the job for me. I posted a rant in the Haven that explains my situation better viewtopic.php?f=23&t=28605&start=3435

I studied automotive technology in college and have worked as an auto technician in the past, but got out of the field. Well, with absolutely no influence of my own, someone gave me their contact information and told me to get in touch with them about a mechanic job (it took me a week just to call because I'm so bad at those conversations). So after the call, I had a meeting with them and we decided to do a week or two trial to see if it's a good fit. This is my first week there, and I'm loving it so much! Going from working at home, to bending over engine bays, has caused my body to be SO sore though. I'm definitely not as fast as I used to be, but I guess speed comes with time.

There are a total of 4 other people who work there, so it's a mom and pop type of shop. They have exceedingly positive reviews, and I've come to find out why after this first week. These people are so great, this is literally my dream job that I didn't even know was out there. It's insane. I just hope that my fear of incompetency doesn't derail my opportunity and I hope they decide to bring me on as the new technician.

I thought I'd share some good news, I'm sure you guys now how monumental a new job can be.

ok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jul 2015, 6:04 am

That's great to hear about. If the jobs fits you, and it isn't too stressful, it looks like you found the right job. Congratulations.

yogiB1
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Jul 2015, 2:55 pm

Thank you!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 3:40 pm

Most hearty Congratulations!

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 4:20 pm

Congrats and good luck!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 4:45 pm

I'm so very happy, for you----I hope this works-out, GREAT!!