Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 5:10 am

When I was a kid, I don't think this learning disability was recognized, so I was never classified as learning disabled (I think). Nevertheless, I always had problems with fine motor coordination (which was commented on multiple times) which as a kid made my handwriting complete chickenscratch, I had difficulty organizing writing on a page, and I had difficulty with written expression (possibly from avoidance).

Anyone else?

EDIT: Then again, I might have had developmental coordination disorder. I also struggle to keep myself organized, which was commented on first in childhood. I was also said to be, and also remember being, afraid to engage in activities requiring motor coordination.

CryosHypnoAeon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jul 2015, 4:29 pm

Yes,

and it's very annoying, because my handwriting is very sloppy. people automatically assume you are uneducated and stupid just because your handwriting is sloppy. it's very aggravating to say the least.

especially since I attended a university and am well educated. I can write well if I sit down concentrate, write slow, and focus only on the writing. but of course in real life you can't really do that.

Fibbox
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Jul 2015, 4:58 pm

Absolutely. I can only write legibly in upper case letters that are about 1,5 to scale with the ones on your keyboard. It really makes me feel embarassed when i have to sign something.