Now Pet Treats are being recalled! -not an April Fools

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 11:28 am

This was just on Fox10 news and is not an April Fools joke.

Good Lord will it ever end! You can go to www.DelMonte.com for the recall list.

Dog and cat treats are voluntarily being recalled because they think the meat might be tainted with the melamine plastic that was in the canned food.

It took forever to load that website.

Specific lot numbers are being recalled of Pounce Meaty Morsels (isnt that the ones in the plastic bottles?), Jerky Treats, Gravy Train meaty sticks, Ol Roy treats (Walmart) and Dollar General stores meaty treats and some kind of can food in gravy that DelMonte makes.

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 11:38 am

none of my brand dog treats, how long does the recall go for Pounce Cat Treats doesn't include my cat

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 11:44 am

Wow, I knew about that!

That is very sad!

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 2:08 pm

There are specific lot numbers for the Pounce treats that were affected. If you go to the Del Monte website you can view the lot#s. Since the recall is again taking place on a weekend don't go out and buy any new Pounce because the affected ones are probably still on the shelves.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 2:09 pm

Unbelievable!

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Apr 2007, 4:51 pm

[url=scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?articleld=9AA80BDC-E7F2-99DF-325BOc8F34C09E95&chanld=saob&modsrc=most_popular]Web Page Name[/url]

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 11:31 pm

Great now Purina is recalling Alpo gravy foods in cans. I thought Purina was suppose to be safe.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 2:52 am

Give your kitties tuna, they like it WAY more than cat treats and they actually care if tuna is contaminated because humans eat it.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 3:22 am

Ahayes tuna is bad for cats. I learned this in a cat forum long ago. For some reason Tuna causes the liver disease that cats get where their body starts feeding off the fat on the liver then they can die. Cats that eat only tuna do not live long. Tuna also has mercury so its inadvisable to give that to pets or consume it yourself very often.

Considering some of the human food recalls like peanut butter, spinach and green onions I wouldn't count on human food being that much safe. The US has some serious quality control and sanitation issues relating to food that needs addressing!!

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2007, 8:47 pm

My cat will throw up if she eats tuna or any kind of fish.
here is a link from MSNBC hints on buying safe pet foods;

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/17931076/from/ET/

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Apr 2007, 11:10 pm

From the types of problems we are having in this country with foods, it seems we have regressed back to the "good ol' days" when you could buy oranges that had been soaked in hot water to plump them up, bread baked with sawdust, and other such tricks. :?