Page 4 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 9:29 pm

Not you,Raptor.He rides around in a toy truck but pretends it's a tank.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 10:12 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
You still driving a rice burner?Then you are a conservative hypocrite.Shouldnt you be coal rolling?

Who me?

You'll have to excuse Misslizard.
She tends to post replies in a thread without using the QUOTE button (as if it's hard to see :roll: ) and you have to guess who she trying to address, if you even notice the post at all.
Patience is a virtue........I guess.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 10:32 pm

Misslizard wrote:
You still driving a rice burner?Then you are a conservative hypocrite.Shouldnt you be coal rolling?

I guess this is for me.
Yes, I am still driving my beloved 4runner and it's success or will most likely be, you guessed it, another 4runner (or some other rice burning SUV).
"Buy American" isn't the conservative core value it once was and even if it was that doesn't necessarily mean I have to embrace it. I'm not that partisan that I have to blindly embrace all things conservative and never have been. What I meant by hypocrisy is people that personally espouse one value then do the opposite.

It's good to see someone is trying to fill AP's shoes, though. :P

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 10:41 pm

Raptor wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

I guess this is for me.
Yes, I am still driving my beloved 4runner and it's success or will most likely be, you guessed it, another 4runner (or some other rice burning SUV).
"Buy American" isn't the conservative core value it once was and even if it was that doesn't necessarily mean I have to embrace it. I'm not that partisan that I have to blindly embrace all things conservative and never have been. What I meant by hypocrisy is people that personally espouse one value then do the opposite.

Ooooo Looky,I found the quote button.
As for filling AP's shoes,tough job,but somebody has to do it.
He sure did liven the forum up.Hope he's out there trolling away somewhere.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 11:07 pm

Raptor wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

I guess this is for me.

"Buy American" is hardly a thing anymore. Particularly with cars.

https://www.cars.com/articles/the-2015- ... 680649381/

This year's top 10 most 'murican vehicles list only has 7 vehicles on it, because they were the only 7 that are at least 75% 'murican.

And three of them are japanese makes. the Toyota Camry and Sienna take #1 and #2, the Honda Odyssey takes #4.

I generally prefer european makes but i love my Land Cruiser.

fwiw, the VW Jettas out of Puebla (Mexico) seem to have better build quality than the VW Passats out of Chattanooga.

And that is embarrassing.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2015, 5:27 am

After the holocaust, we had to destroy any relic of Nazism, including the banning and destruction, of every swastika no matter what it adorned. The confederate flag is not akin to the swastika, but for some reason, other then the American flag, it is the only symbol the Left work tirelessly to dirty, and keep dirty.

A lot of people were raped and massacred under Japan's rising sun, or the Union Jack. Every flag is tarnished. Yet, it is only the confederate flag people work to maintain its dirtied image.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2015, 10:30 am

MarketAndChurch wrote:
After the holocaust, we had to destroy any relic of Nazism, including the banning and destruction, of every swastika no matter what it adorned. The confederate flag is not akin to the swastika, but for some reason, other then the American flag, it is the only symbol the Left work tirelessly to dirty, and keep dirty.

A lot of people were raped and massacred under Japan's rising sun, or the Union Jack. Every flag is tarnished. Yet, it is only the confederate flag people work to maintain its dirtied image.

They figure the stars and bars is easier pickings compared to other flags. That and, of course, selective acknowledgement.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2015, 10:42 am

Let's face it, the Left only attack America. Where were they when the Saudis got a seat on the U.N. Human Rights Commission? Other then a few whimpers, the mainstream media decided that they didn't want to report this, so it isn't news.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2015, 10:53 am

glebel wrote:
Let's face it, the Left only attack America. Where were they when the Saudis got a seat on the U.N. Human Rights Commission? Other then a few whimpers, the mainstream media decided that they didn't want to report this, so it isn't news.

You'll rarely (if ever) hear a liberal on this forum outraged over what goes on regarding the treatment of women and gays in Islamic countries yet the slightest hint of misogyny or homophobia will yield page after page of outcry.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2015, 5:33 pm

Raptor wrote:
glebel wrote:

You'll rarely (if ever) hear a liberal on this forum outraged over what goes on regarding the treatment of women and gays in Islamic countries yet the slightest hint of misogyny or homophobia will yield page after page of outcry.

This is an issue of context.

The treatment of women and homosexuals in islamic countries is rarely a subject of any relevance to domestic policy.

With regard to foreign policy, it's a subject for diplomats.

What is the political ideology of the groups working to end female genital mutilation?

What is the political ideology of the groups helping draft anti-gay legislation in Uganda?

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2015, 5:43 pm

MarketAndChurch wrote:

I think this would be easier for you to understand if you could separate what we now call the "confederate battle flag" from the actual flags of the confederacy and the states within it.

There were a lot of battle flags in the war, the one we recognize now is just one of them. Probably the best of them.

After the the traitors surrendered, the flags of the confederacy mostly disappeared for a period of 70 years or so.

It was only after the civil rights movement got started that people started displaying the stars & bars again, with particular increase directly after the brown v. Board of education decision.

In that sense, the so called confederate battle flag is more a symbol of redistance to the civil rights of black people than of anything else.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 12:30 am

blauSamstag wrote:
Raptor wrote:
glebel wrote:

This is an issue of context.

The treatment of women and homosexuals in islamic countries is rarely a subject of any relevance to domestic policy.

With regard to foreign policy, it's a subject for diplomats.

What is the political ideology of the groups working to end female genital mutilation?

What is the political ideology of the groups helping draft anti-gay legislation in Uganda?

Well it's funny that if the issues above are non-domestic and therefor a non-issue that every time we have a gun control debate (as it applies to the USA) the non-Americans can often be heard screeching the loudest for the pro-gun control side. Of course, I've called a few of them on this over the years and some have fabricated family in the US for the sake of argument. That's just one example

Getting back to the islamic treatment of gays and women, I'd think in the eyes of a true liberal that national borders would be invisible to them. Human beings are human beings after all.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 1:03 am

blauSamstag wrote:
MarketAndChurch wrote:

I think this would be easier for you to understand if you could separate what we now call the "confederate battle flag" from the actual flags of the confederacy and the states within it.

There were a lot of battle flags in the war, the one we recognize now is just one of them. Probably the best of them.

After the the traitors surrendered, the flags of the confederacy mostly disappeared for a period of 70 years or so.

It was only after the civil rights movement got started that people started displaying the stars & bars again, with particular increase directly after the brown v. Board of education decision.

In that sense, the so called confederate battle flag is more a symbol of redistance to the civil rights of black people than of anything else.

I can't fully buy that only because the American and Israeli flag receives the same vitriol given to the stars and bars, that no other flag on earth receives. And it certainly begs the question: Why... Why those flags... Racism can't be the issue, unless of course we're selective in our assigning of who is and isn't racist. When those who crap on the stars and bars, give in equal treatment the same disdain to the hammer and sickle, the flag of the Muslim Brotherhood, or even a flag I quite like, Japan's flag, then maybe there's some legitimacy to vitriol, because at least they'd be consistent.

And with regards to the rising popularity of the stars bars happening to coincide with the civil rights movement... it also happens to coincide with the beginning of a move(whether you agree with it or not) away from traditional American, Western, and Christian values and institutions that hippies and academics and bohemians were overthrowing, so I wouldn't center the rise in popularity of the confederate flag, with racism.

Which begs an even more interesting question... why is the confederate flag relegated exclusively to being a racist symbol? Which I guess is my first question. Why have we dragged this flag through the mud, and refuse to wash it. The amount of racism, massacres, etc. that has occurred under the French flag, though many haters of the stars and bars would sooner fly the flag of France then allow their neighbor to fly the stars and bars( or in many places, the American or Israeli flag).

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2015, 9:40 am

Maybe because racists needed a flag to unite under?

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 8:05 pm

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2015, 12:26 pm

How about playing " The Battle Hymn of the Republic " ? We won, so I think we should honor the good guys, not a bunch of misfits who would have never been able to form a viable country. In the Confederate Army, they seldom brigaded regiments from different states together because they couldn't get along with each other, the various states would not cooperate with their central government, etc. And yet people honor the rebels, and blow off the people who took their oaths to defend this great republic against all enemies, foreign and domestic.