Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 9:30 am

Do people threaten to kill you or tell you to commit suicide? I was classmates with a scumbag who told me to kill myself.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 10:24 am

Just ignore the idiot. Kids are stupid.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 10:30 am

It's a good thing he is no longer my colleague. As an added bonus, he failed his exams. :twisted:
He repeatedly told me to kill myself in 12th grade, as he had been putting up with my awkwardness for 4 years and was sick of it.
Ignoring bullies is the sort of advice I would expect from NTs. It only makes things worse. Being told to kill yourself hurts, doesn't it?

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 10:32 am

Nil carborundum illegitemi ! !! !!

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 10:50 am

What?

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 11:50 am

I had it happen to me when I was in elementary school, but it's only words.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 11:53 am

The poster was trying to say "Don't let the bastards grind you down".

Noli illegitimos sinere te fatigare" would have been better Latin.....

:study:

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 11:55 am

A teenager telling me to go kill myself was shocking and scared me. People seemed to think as an adult, I should be above that or something. I'm not. Very upsetting. My best guess is that it's a way of avoiding getting in trouble for making a direct threat while still conveying the same sentiment.

It's an ugly thing to do to anyone. Try to focus on anything else.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 12:29 pm

Waterfalls wrote:
Try to focus on anything else.

This seems like a good idea. Reliving painful moments can be like recreating the injury.

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 3:44 pm

i have people online say this to me all the time sometimes in an insulting way and sometimes in a well-meaning way because they think it would be better for me to die for i am somewhat depressed

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 4:51 pm

boredome wrote:
i have people online say this to me all the time sometimes in an insulting way and sometimes in a well-meaning way because they think it would be better for me to die for i am somewhat depressed

I could be wrong, but this does not seem well meaning to me.

a_dork
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Aug 2015, 6:37 pm

My neighbor told me that when I died, he'd throw a party everyone would go to. I didn't take it seriously at the time because I thought he was trying too hard to look cool. I cringe at it in retrospect.

― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Factory Ten
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Aug 2015, 7:08 pm

My brother threatened to kill me a few times (to my parents' face) and said that he'd be celebrated if he killed me. Mostly he told me to kill myself though. Needless to say there was no formation of a healthy relationship at any time in my childhood save for the VERY early years (when I was 3-5, we'd play football and baseball in our backyard).

Other than my brother throughout my childhood, I've never had anyone in real life say "Kill yourself" to me. Closest ever was when a pastor refused to counsel me saying I was faking my suicidal/depressed behaviour to make people pay attention to me. He even said ''If you do kill yourself, I won't let your funeral take place at this church.'' After four years of attending that church, I never went back.

I am generally open to talking about mental health in online gaming and as such I often get comments about ''Why haven't you killed yourself yet?'' or ''You're still alive?''. Those don't bother me however because it's standard gamer talk in the first place. I also realise there are people that aren't mature or intelligent enough to deal with mental health being discussed so openly.

If someone ever told me to kill myself in real life though, I'd probably say something snarky like "I'm working on it... one pizza at a time. Be patient."

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 9:59 pm

Factory Ten wrote:
Other than my brother throughout my childhood, I've never had anyone in real life say "Kill yourself" to me. Closest ever was when a pastor refused to counsel me saying I was faking my suicidal/depressed behaviour to make people pay attention to me. He even said ''If you do kill yourself, I won't let your funeral take place at this church.'' After four years of attending that church, I never went back.

What a horrible person! You would never expect words like that from a pastor. An evil fake religious person like him who takes advantage of religion really puts me off religion. He's a complete failure.

I think the OP is really hurt by those horrible words. I've seen him mention it in other threads as well. I'm sure he will eventually overcome the hurt but school teachers should take that kind of bullying seriously. Kids go to school to learn and develop, not to be bullied and lose self-esteem. Bullies are the problems, not the victims. Having said that, the OP could express his pleasure at his (the scumbag's) failure in his exams and maybe suggest to him that he kill himself because the failure is very embarrassing, just to make him taste it.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 12:13 am

Honestly, even IRL much of the time, someone saying "go kill yourself" is basically just being a troll. And a complete jerk, but mostly a troll. Usually that sort is nasty towards LOTS of people. Until someone snaps and punches them or something.

Even so, it's really not acceptable behavior. If someone said something like that to me IRL, I'd probably make a point of dumping my drink on their head (and it's always soda, which gets STICKY as it dries out), followed by a very detailed explanation of why it'd be fantastically stupid to try to get physical with me in retaliation. Unless I"m in a decent mood, at which point I'd probably just stand there, drinking my soda and getting amusement out of watching them make an ass of themselves. Particularly since the longer they go without getting a response, the dumber they tend to look to most people. I used to do that in highschool. It could be pretty funny to watch them slowly wind down after 5 minutes of childish rambling.

And of course, in school, well.... goes with the territory. There's always bullies, they're always dimwitted, and they cant seem to be able to find other ways of venting that DONT involve being amazingly stupid asshats. As for the teachers... yeah, some of them need to PAY ATTENTION, but they also have tons of duties, and lots and lots of students that they need to keep an eye on... it can be very difficult to do that, particularly as many people just arent very perceptive to begin with. If you want a teacher to help, go to them directly. Or even go to other members of the faculty. In many cases, there's always a few people that are definitely willing to help.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 5:20 pm

I've had death threats, but they were actual death threats and not just somebody trying to talk big or be mean to me. I've also been chased with a gun twice. Oddly enough those two times I had done nothing wrong.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com