Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 5:20 pm

I've had death threats, but they were actual death threats and not just somebody trying to talk big or be mean to me. I've also been chased with a gun twice. Oddly enough those two times I had done nothing wrong.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 5:23 pm

LOL...I was told to "kill myself" many times in high school; do you think listened?

I was also told to stay out of certain neighborhoods; otherwise a gang will kick my butt--do you think I listened?

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 9:16 pm

It's really unfortunate that some people threaten to kill others and some people tell others to kill themselves.

I don't think there's any doubt that in either case, the person threatened or told to kill him/herself often suffers emotional pain. And sometimes, someone dies.

I don't think these kinds of threats and directions are a small thing. It sounds like OP may be away from the person who did this and that's a very good thing.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 10:12 pm

Waterfalls wrote:
It's really unfortunate that some people threaten to kill others and some people tell others to kill themselves.

I don't think there's any doubt that in either case, the person threatened or told to kill him/herself often suffers emotional pain. And sometimes, someone dies.

I don't think these kinds of threats and directions are a small thing. It sounds like OP may be away from the person who did this and that's a very good thing.

No, they aren't a small thing but there are usually two different kinds. There is the bullying kind where somebody is trying to be mean to somebody else and make them feel bad or make themselves look big, but they don't really want any actual death to occur, and then there is the kind where somebody is giving you a warning that they are going to try to kill you. I've had the first kind too but mostly mine have been the second kind. My answer to both was pretty much the same though.

Now, one thing that some people who aren't from here may get wrong is the way the word "kill" is used in the vernacular. We say we are gonna kill somebody or somebody is gonna kill us etc and that can mean anything from being slightly annoyed at all the way up to kicking the living s**t out of somebody or divorcing them. "Who tracked mud in? I swear to God I'm gonna kill you, I just mopped this floor!" doesn't mean anything at all except "Come back in here and help me clean up this mess and apologize to me". Or, "I'm gonna kill that dog for going inside again" usually means he's getting his nose rubbed in it and put in the yard for thirty minutes.

Usually my death threats have been uttered by somebody to my face and it has been often followed by them coming after me. Luckily I was either near my car or had people there to grab them and I got away, but those kinds of things, while actually more severe, can usually be worked out much easier than the bullying kind. You can usually resolve the issue with whoever you made REALLY TRY to kill you, but you can't usually just resolve something with a bully without kicking the crap out of them yourself.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 12:03 pm

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 1:22 pm

If anyone threatens to kill you, there's an all-too-real chance that they might actually do it. :(