Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Rosey86
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Aug 2015, 12:39 am

Hello all, my name is Rose, but you can call me Rosey if you like.

A self-introductory and mini life story:

I'm 29, and I have known I was different ever since I was young. But it didn't really affect my life until I hit my teens.
I have traits in common with NTs, people with ADD, and Aspies. But many of my NT personality traits have been artificially learned, and took more time than usual to develop (and when I am emotional, I can snap back into my natural weird self very easily).

I was diagnosed as "borderline autistic" by my mom's best friend (she's a licensed psychologist) who has known and observed me since my childhood.

I only recently found out about this too, like around last winter. And the revelation just about crushed me... because all my life I had thought of myself as ADD, and I really, REALLY didn't want another complicated thing to be wrong with me. But on the bright side, it led my family to understand that I couldn't help some of the way I behave, and they are more understanding and empathetic now than they used to be, so that's a plus. But I'm still struggling with some depression because I don't know what to do with this information. Every time I read up on ways to fit in with society and survive with asperger syndrome, it seems like I just see articles on how unfair and depressingly the world treats the neurodiverse people, and I get discouraged and feel like my life is ending, and I just wanna curl up in my bed and not leave my room for hours and play some depressing music. :( But I know that's pathetic, and I'm not helping anything get better by moping. So I thought I'd come here and see if there were any encouraging stories or helpful tips out there, because I don't want to give up.

I am very fortunate to have found an amazing boyfriend though, one who doesn't mind me the way I am, and even likes my quirks, doesn't just "tolerate" them. He's probably a big reason my self-esteem is not completely shattered (I'm still working on the self-esteem thing, lol).

So yes, cautiously going to explore this forum site and see if it's the place for me. :D

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 1:38 am

Hey Rose welcome. :sunny:

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 7:41 am

Welcome! :)

abedwinger
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Aug 2015, 11:42 am

Hi Rose,
I understand, I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was a kid & it turned out to be ASD all along. I found out last week just a few days after my 33rd birthday. I'm not sure but I think that you're among good company.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 2:12 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Rosey86
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Aug 2015, 1:26 am

Thanks everybody. :)

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 9:56 pm

Welcome - I get through society by pretending it's a great big play I don't understand, and that could be the truth.

Rosey86
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Aug 2015, 3:18 pm

Alexanderplatz wrote:
Welcome - I get through society by pretending it's a great big play I don't understand, and that could be the truth.

I did something like this as a child. I should remember it more often. xD And thanks :)

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2015, 3:58 pm

~Welcome Rosey86

: )

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 8:22 pm

Hi Rosey, it's nice to meet you :D

Xenization
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 6:16 pm

I know it's late, but welcome to Wrong Planet, Rosey! We're happy to have you here.