Super perpetual public opinion on HKP.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

D0gbert
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Aug 2015, 8:02 pm

Seriously, what the fudge?

A couple of years ago, before my home became an open political playground for China and the "West", HKP actually held a high approval rate among citizens and outsiders alike.

The overblown "breast attack" thing reminded my of several incidents in the past, which while just as ludicrous, actually ended up with disapproval of the instigator.

The first case was some rich brat (some important persons' inbred idiotic offspring) was drunk driving. Got caught, but decided to act special, refused to cooperate and even constantly only spoke English in some pathetic colonial-era attempt show off (for christ's sakes its HK's second language, we understand you!).

As she had a history of getting away with things simply because she was "important", one of the police officers actually fell backward and even requested an ambulance after she bitch-slapped him.

While this was just risible, people actually cheered on him, because we finally had something to nail the princess with (though she got away with some "mental anguish" bull).

The second was a fight between politicians, of the same lot you see featured in Western media coverage of the current political crisis (read: self-serving asswipes). One of them, a middle aged women, actually crash-tackled another guy and claimed he tried to touch her breasts.

Oh, the endless ridicule and parodies that followed...

But now, I noticed how ever since the city had been heavily polarised, so did public opinion on many things. HKP in particular had received a lot of bashing.

I mean, give them some f-ing slack. I want to see you try staying calm after being shouted at by some acne-ridden slogan parrot 24-7 WHILE being pelted with lunchboxes. Oh, and blocking roads, offices and pestering people indifferent to their cause because FREEDOM. Since they can't go "mainland" (arrest because I want to) on them, they need an excuse, no matter how lame.

Admittedly, they had gone too far with the crowd control, especially considering the fact that most of the protesters are a bunch of physically and mentally frail youngsters (trust me, they are sheltered compared to so many people I know from other countries), but it is comical when these ignorant whiners claim it is much better in the "west", where cops shoot you if you are black, or the fact they practise "kettling" with 2-feet long batons.

I forgot who made this observation (probably lots of people), but people act so very predictably and... almost like children when grouped together.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 9:13 pm

Hong Kong Police?

Highly knowledgeable persons?

Happy killer pandas?

What does "HKP" mean?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 10:07 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Hong Kong Police?

Highly knowledgeable persons?

Happy killer pandas?

What does "HKP" mean?

Heckler & Koch Pistol

Alien_Papa
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 11:56 pm

D0gbert
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Aug 2015, 11:58 pm

Yup. My short-hands continue to confuse people. Context dependent?!

Hong Kong Police. Used to have a "Royal" somewhere.

P.S. Fun fact! The service revolvers still have the old colonial stampings!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2015, 6:52 am

D0gbert wrote:

Hong Kong Police. Used to have a "Royal" somewhere.

P.S. Fun fact! The service revolvers still have the old colonial stampings!

I guess that they should phase them out for the Heckler and Koch Pistols ( cause they already come with the right initials stamped on them).

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2015, 7:48 am

D0gbert wrote:

!

Why do WP folks commonly do this?

What is the point of talking if you know that no one is going to understand you?

You know full well that 999 out of a 1000 Earth people do NOT live in Hong Kong. So you knew full well that virtually no one on this website would know what "HKP" means without you making the few extra keystrokes to spell it out.

But you went ahead and made the post without those few extra keystrokes anyway.

What was the point of doing that?

(in all fairness my guess is that folks in Hong Kong CAN figure out what "NYPD", and "LAPD", mean because of exported American television. But the reverse does not apply to us Americans. We don't get east Asian police dramas on the tube here unless maybe we subscribe to some special cable channel for immigrants).