I can't deal with crushes anymore

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

queensamaria
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Aug 2015, 9:38 pm

Hi, everyone

I just came to tell you all that I can't handle crushes anymore. After developing another crush, I realized that I was not ready to have a boyfriend anytime soon, until I focus on myself.

Any comments?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2015, 9:53 pm

I'd say that's a very perceptive and healthy way to feel. We all want that intimacy, but it's better to be a whole person before you seek one. Keep growing as a person, and you'll make some guy very happy, someday. Best of luck to you!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 2:14 pm

Most of my past crushes have thankfully stayed in my past, although a girl from the current school I go to has offered to help me find my next GF. Not being able to understand true love is absolutely OK and one day, you will realize how happy you will become.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 3:23 pm

If that's how you feel then who are we to tell you otherwise? It's perfectly ok not to want to be in a relationship. It is perfectly ok to have other goals and pursue them instead.

Be careful though that you are not using this as an excuse not to make a move just because you are afraid to. If you have decided that you want to work on other aspects of your life before becoming involved in a relationship then why not? Go for it and enjoy yourself.

All the best to you.

chapstan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Aug 2015, 4:44 pm

Queensamaria;

This sounds a lot like what you posted on 25 June- "Hi, everyone. I have decided that I'm finished trying to find a boyfriend. After being rejected or shot down long ago, I am going to focus on God, family, friends, and school."