Writing your okcupid self-summary

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2015, 2:10 pm

I don't have a profile at the moment, but when I did I had a lot of trouble writing my self-summary.

Quote:
Do focus on who you /are/. The things you /like/ and the things you /do/ belong in other sections. What is it these things are supposed to tell us about your character?

This advice is extra confusing. I just don't know how to define who I am without mentioning the things I like and do or being extremely negative about myself. I guess my character and personality isn't my strength.

CupidAardvark
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Aug 2015, 6:42 pm

Using the "match" feature, find and look at the self-summaries of guys who are sort of like you (age range, interests, etc) and use them as inspiration.

Or avail yourself of Google. There are zillions of websites with free instructions for crafting a profile.

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 9:59 am

I think its better not to go with the advice they give you, it will make your profile look like a boring copy of everyone else's. It's kind of like applying for a job, you want to stand out somehow. What I would do is just get straight to the point of specifically what I am interested in and not spend too much time describing trivial details about myself, I mean who has time to read a 100 profiles? If you can throw a few jokes in and make it funny that would help too. Anyway, in my experience people look more at pictures on dating websites, so your profile is not as important.