Page 1 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Yazz
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Aug 2015, 5:28 pm

I've always said, tidy house = tidy mind.

If it were up to me the house would be perfect all the time but, I have 5 children. They are on school holidays and, I literally can't clean one room without them messing up somewhere else so, for the moment I have given up. literally. I can't motivate myself to clean because, it's just so pointless and I don't know where to start. I am so stressed about the mess and not actually doing anything about it. Ridiculous.

How tidy are you?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 5:36 pm

I'm semi-sloppy.

I'm clean of body.

I'm lazy at housework.

My house is not really dirty. I never leave dishes in the sink or garbage around.

I do have a tendency to leave the house dusty, so my wife has to dust. She gets irritated at me for that.

Yazz
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Aug 2015, 5:45 pm

I go to my friends house and clean.. I wonder if I just see dirt others dont

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 5:46 pm

Oh no! The White Glove type! :evil:

Seriously....maybe you are just an especially clean person.

As long as you don't mind us who aren't so clean :wink:

Yazz
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Aug 2015, 5:51 pm

I tend to deep clean a room then spend the rest of the day throwing tantrums if someone messes it up. If we were good friends, I'd probably try to tell you politely it was a mess, fail miserably and then ask where your cleaning cupboard is... then start by cleaning that.

I have noticed I clean more when I am stressed though.. and, I don't seem to care about my mess, just other peoples which sucks when you live with 6 other people lol

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 6:00 pm

I would try to be really nice to you...because I enjoy a clean house, yet don't work hard enough to assure this. And I believe you have a consummate ability in cleaning, and would benefit greatly from it. I would try to show my appreciation, somehow.

I would try to compensate for my incompetence in this area by using my strengths in other areas.

JWS
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Aug 2015, 6:02 pm

I am very messy, and I admit it.
My house always needs Spring cleaning! :-(

Yazz
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Aug 2015, 6:07 pm

I think that when I'm not stressed the main reason I keep it clean and tidy is laziness... if I let it get too bad, I will have to do more to put it right and I won't know where to start. I quite often just tidy what I can see from the sofa, then I can pretend the rest doesn't exist lol

I do have a no multitasking rule now because, I was getting distracted and leaving half finished jobs everywhere

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 6:09 pm

LOL....that's a really strange twist on the concept of being lazy!

I wish I was lazy like that! :wink:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 6:15 pm

Ever heard of a ballplayer named Carl Yastrzemski?

Yazz
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Aug 2015, 6:19 pm

No? *googles

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 6:36 pm

His nickname is Yaz. Your screen name is Yazz.

He was one of the greatest ballplayers of all time for the Boston Red Sox.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 7:54 pm

i can be a real pig, if i get into a lazy mind set i end up leaving food out, clothes, and other stuff, failing to pick up after my pets and myself.

as soon as i tell myself "be more clean" im a clean freak. i keep everything clean after that.

my personal hygiene is enough to keep me from stinking and keeping the knots out of my hair. Showers are a schedualed event and i look forward to them. My personal Hygiene plumits during Summer due to lack of schedual, structure and isolation.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 7:58 pm

Oscar Madison from The Odd Couple here

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 8:34 pm

I'm Oscar, too---except I don't leave old food and banana peels around.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 10:51 pm

Depends on the standards by which tidyness is judged. My home is well-organised for the most part, in the sense that I can usually find the stuff I need pretty easily. The rest of it is strewn around all over the place and it might take some time to find things I'm not particularly likely to need. The gangways are clear enough to allow me to get to the places I want to get to without tripping over things. Functionally, the system works. Some of my collections of items are meticulously organised, others are waiting for attention.

Cleanliness - well, the toilet's clean, the bath, sinks, and kitchen worktops aren't bad, the fridge is usually quite good, and I like to keep the cooker and washing machine clean. The cutlery and dishes etc. that I use are cleaned in a timely manner. The bed doesn't stink. Just as for organisational tidyness, the stuff I don't use is often rather worse. Dust has gathered on quite a lot of it, mostly because I haven't had the necessary executive function to containerize my millions of small items, so dusting is for the time being practically impossible.

Visually, there's a lot of room for improvement, though the staircase and landing are quite nice, and so are some of the fixtures and fittings, and occasionally I find myself giving this or that large item a good scrub. But I'm not going to get into House Beautiful magazine any time soon. I would feel embarrassed if anybody with a posh-looking home visited me, though very few of my friends are in that category, and I've been complimented on how cosy my place is.

I sometimes feel down about the poor state of the decor etc., especially as I'm rather a perfectionist, but overall I'm not too worried. When I lived in a shared house full of hippies, with far fewer possessions, I decorated my room so nicely that they said it didn't fit the house any more. I currently live alone, and the state of the place will just have to do for now. If and when my partner moves in with me, I think we'll enjoy sprucing it all up together, if we ever get the time. We both love interior design, and our collective DIY skills are quite good.