Page 3 of 3 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

calebsystem3
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Aug 2015, 10:08 am

Is there racism? Yes, just like everywhere else there are simple minded people.

The problem with the media is that they only report one side when statistically African Americans make up 14 percent of the population and cause 52% of all murders. Its not genetic it is an education failure. So many more black on white crimes are never ran in the media. There was a site on youtube that documented this but Youtube shut it down calling it racist (probably hateful comments).

But yes there is a problem and with about 1 million cops (guessing here) you are going to have some racists on both sides. I just do not like being labeled racist because I look white (Im native American) just because the media is not competent enough to report accurate journalism.

Sorry Op maybe we should take this somewhere else.

KickingLion
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Aug 2015, 12:10 pm

Adamantium wrote:
KickingLion wrote:
I believe that the media should report on policing, just not in the way it does now. It's not that they misrepresent them, but rather they're not allowing time to produce an accurate story when it comes to the recent cases where I believe LE has been put in the wrong light.

That being said, the media shouldn't be biased in a positive or negative manner towards LE.

Do you think it's possible that a special interest in policing has led you to imagine yourself as a police officer and feel that you are a sort of affiliate member of "LE" as a group. Most people don't use the term LE, for example, when speaking of police.

I use "LE" because it's easier than to type out Law Enforcement every time. In addition to that it is more professional to use than "the police" or "cops" in my opinion.