who here is left-handed or right-handed or ambidextrous?

Page 7 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

left-handed, right-handed, or ambidextrous?
I'm a leftie :alien: 17%  17%  [ 12 ]
I'm a rightie :arrow: 54%  54%  [ 39 ]
I'm somewhere in between/ambi :star: 24%  24%  [ 17 ]
I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 72

donaar
Raven
Raven

16 Nov 2015, 4:14 am

I'm a lefty for writing and drawing was ambidextrous till I was done grade one the teacher seemed to think I was better with my left hand and would constantly take the pencil from my right and place it in my left... normally lead to a meltdown (was never diagnosed as a kid) and me being in trouble.

But I'm ambidextrous with most things including:
Hockey, baseball, knives, swords (messed with cousins by changing hands randomly between fencing rounds), shooting

But I'm a righty with archery

Aq: 37

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Nov 2015, 4:46 am

I'm what you call "multi-handed".

I write with my left hand, grab food with my left hand but I kick with my right foot, step with my right foot first, catch, throw and punch with my right hand, I hold instruments like a right hander and so on....I basically do everything with my right side but I still write better with my left hand and have no problems using non left handed keyboard and mouse. weird huh? I think it's to do with dyspraxia but I'm not sure. also when driving i fee like my right hand is stronger and more in control of the wheel and I do believe my right arm is stronger too.

Malus_Domestica
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2015, 5:00 am

I'm right-handed, but my mum thought I was ambidextrous for a long time when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure I could train my left hand to write pretty well, I just don't see the point as long as my right hand works fine :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 5:08 am

Malus_Domestica wrote:
I'm right-handed, but my mum thought I was ambidextrous for a long time when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure I could train my left hand to write pretty well, I just don't see the point as long as my right hand works fine :D

don't be like me and learn only when one is forced to learn due to an accident. learn ahead of time so you won't have such a hard time in case you break your right arm. :idea:

Malus_Domestica
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2015, 5:34 am

auntblabby wrote:
Malus_Domestica wrote:

don't be like me and learn only when one is forced to learn due to an accident. learn ahead of time so you won't have such a hard time in case you break your right arm. :idea:

A few years back I actually had to use my left hand, I had a nasty encounter with a cheese grater and needed stitches (!) on my right thumb. At the time I was drawing comics for a living, and actually made a whole joke about it in one of my strips which I drew entirely with my left hand. :lol:

So yeah, you have a point ...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 5:59 am

Malus_Domestica wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Malus_Domestica wrote:

A few years back I actually had to use my left hand, I had a nasty encounter with a cheese grater and needed stitches (!) on my right thumb. At the time I was drawing comics for a living, and actually made a whole joke about it in one of my strips which I drew entirely with my left hand. :lol: So yeah, you have a point ...

sounds like you're already on top of things :wtg:

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 2:04 pm

I'm righty but I've noticed a few things.

I do play piano better with my right hand while my left seems good only for octaves. However, I play better guitar with my left. My right is just strumming; my left is playing all those fast notes and complex chords.

I only hold the phone to my left ear with my left hand. Using my right side is just odd.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 7:42 pm

redrobin62 wrote:

I do play piano better with my right hand while my left seems good only for octaves. However, I play better guitar with my left. My right is just strumming; my left is playing all those fast notes and complex chords. I only hold the phone to my left ear with my left hand. Using my right side is just odd.

for the sake of your future continued brain plasticity, I would if I were you do more "odd" things just to keep your brain on its toes. using the opposite side for things on a regular basis is a good start.

Malus_Domestica
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Nov 2015, 6:02 am

redrobin62 wrote:

I do play piano better with my right hand while my left seems good only for octaves. However, I play better guitar with my left. My right is just strumming; my left is playing all those fast notes and complex chords.

I only hold the phone to my left ear with my left hand. Using my right side is just odd.

I do these exact things. Though I read somewhere that we percieve voice better with our left ear, maybe that's the explanation. Anyway, all right-handed guitarist strum with their right hand and do chords with their left, in fact "left-hand-guitars" are the opposite.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2015, 7:27 am

I can do just about anything with a little practice with either hand, such as writing and buttoning shirts.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2015, 9:19 pm

I do most things with my left hand, such as writing, brushing teeth, etc. I've also noticed that the fingers on my left hand are a lot more flexible and it's a lot easier to do certain hand motions (like the Star Trek Vulcan salute) with my left hand. One thing I do with my right hand, though, is reaching into a bag of Scrabble tiles and pulling out letters. And I want ice cream. :jester:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2015, 9:27 pm

despite 3 years of steady practice, my right-handed writing skills are still rudimentary at best :|