who here is left-handed or right-handed or ambidextrous?

Page 7 of 8 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

left-handed, right-handed, or ambidextrous?
I'm a leftie :alien: 17%  17%  [ 12 ]
I'm a rightie :arrow: 53%  53%  [ 37 ]
I'm somewhere in between/ambi :star: 24%  24%  [ 17 ]
I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 70

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2015, 1:39 am

AsahiPto17 wrote:
I'm right handed, being ambidexterus would be cool though. I'd say I have good use of my left hand though.

what tasks can you not do with your left hand? this leftie has a hard time brushing his teeth with his right hand, he had to learn how when his left arm got mangled in a severe bike accident similar to the one that messed up the rock singer Bono.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2015, 6:31 pm

Technically I'm ambi, but I prefer to call it, "equally clumsy with either hand". ;-)

Hey! I'm Ambi-aspie! ...Or is it "Aspie-ambi" ?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2015, 6:38 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
Technically I'm ambi, but I prefer to call it, "equally clumsy with either hand". ;-) Hey! I'm Ambi-aspie! ...Or is it "Aspie-ambi" ?

how 'bout "aspambi"? ;)

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2015, 9:46 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Edenthiel wrote:
Technically I'm ambi, but I prefer to call it, "equally clumsy with either hand". ;-) Hey! I'm Ambi-aspie! ...Or is it "Aspie-ambi" ?

how 'bout "aspambi"? ;)

I *almost* feel obligated to post the Spam song...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2015, 11:17 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Edenthiel wrote:

how 'bout "aspambi"? ;)

I *almost* feel obligated to post the Spam song...

how 'bout a bit of alliteration?
seasoning of the hamburgers may be the engineering behind the gaspergers in the reasoning of the aspergers. IOW well-done is better than rare, for aspies to avoid the glare, of the olfactorily sensitive social faire.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2015, 12:19 am

Right handed mostly, but I've been teaching myself to use my left hand since I got my right hand in this brace. It's not terrible, but I've got a long way to go before I can claim ambidexterity.

No Arab loves the desert. We love water and green trees, there is nothing in the desert. No man needs nothing.

donaar
Raven
Raven

16 Nov 2015, 4:14 am

I'm a lefty for writing and drawing was ambidextrous till I was done grade one the teacher seemed to think I was better with my left hand and would constantly take the pencil from my right and place it in my left... normally lead to a meltdown (was never diagnosed as a kid) and me being in trouble.

But I'm ambidextrous with most things including:
Hockey, baseball, knives, swords (messed with cousins by changing hands randomly between fencing rounds), shooting

But I'm a righty with archery

Aq: 37

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Nov 2015, 4:46 am

I'm what you call "multi-handed".

I write with my left hand, grab food with my left hand but I kick with my right foot, step with my right foot first, catch, throw and punch with my right hand, I hold instruments like a right hander and so on....I basically do everything with my right side but I still write better with my left hand and have no problems using non left handed keyboard and mouse. weird huh? I think it's to do with dyspraxia but I'm not sure. also when driving i fee like my right hand is stronger and more in control of the wheel and I do believe my right arm is stronger too.

Malus_Domestica
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2015, 5:00 am

I'm right-handed, but my mum thought I was ambidextrous for a long time when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure I could train my left hand to write pretty well, I just don't see the point as long as my right hand works fine :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 5:08 am

Malus_Domestica wrote:
I'm right-handed, but my mum thought I was ambidextrous for a long time when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure I could train my left hand to write pretty well, I just don't see the point as long as my right hand works fine :D

don't be like me and learn only when one is forced to learn due to an accident. learn ahead of time so you won't have such a hard time in case you break your right arm. :idea:

Malus_Domestica
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2015, 5:34 am

auntblabby wrote:
Malus_Domestica wrote:

don't be like me and learn only when one is forced to learn due to an accident. learn ahead of time so you won't have such a hard time in case you break your right arm. :idea:

A few years back I actually had to use my left hand, I had a nasty encounter with a cheese grater and needed stitches (!) on my right thumb. At the time I was drawing comics for a living, and actually made a whole joke about it in one of my strips which I drew entirely with my left hand. :lol:

So yeah, you have a point ...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 5:59 am

Malus_Domestica wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Malus_Domestica wrote:

A few years back I actually had to use my left hand, I had a nasty encounter with a cheese grater and needed stitches (!) on my right thumb. At the time I was drawing comics for a living, and actually made a whole joke about it in one of my strips which I drew entirely with my left hand. :lol: So yeah, you have a point ...

sounds like you're already on top of things :wtg:

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 2:04 pm

I'm righty but I've noticed a few things.

I do play piano better with my right hand while my left seems good only for octaves. However, I play better guitar with my left. My right is just strumming; my left is playing all those fast notes and complex chords.

I only hold the phone to my left ear with my left hand. Using my right side is just odd.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 7:42 pm

redrobin62 wrote:

I do play piano better with my right hand while my left seems good only for octaves. However, I play better guitar with my left. My right is just strumming; my left is playing all those fast notes and complex chords. I only hold the phone to my left ear with my left hand. Using my right side is just odd.

for the sake of your future continued brain plasticity, I would if I were you do more "odd" things just to keep your brain on its toes. using the opposite side for things on a regular basis is a good start.

Malus_Domestica
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Nov 2015, 6:02 am

redrobin62 wrote:

I do play piano better with my right hand while my left seems good only for octaves. However, I play better guitar with my left. My right is just strumming; my left is playing all those fast notes and complex chords.

I only hold the phone to my left ear with my left hand. Using my right side is just odd.

I do these exact things. Though I read somewhere that we percieve voice better with our left ear, maybe that's the explanation. Anyway, all right-handed guitarist strum with their right hand and do chords with their left, in fact "left-hand-guitars" are the opposite.