Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Sep 2015, 3:51 am

killing time and release myself.......

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 2:52 pm

I play the video, board, card, dice games that I do because they're fun. My mother (and my grandparents when they lived) are the only people I've ever enjoyed playing board, card and dice games with. None of us are competitive, we play/played to have fun and relax, and we get so into the game that we always lose track of whose turn it is. When the game is over we don't care who win or lose, we just play again or play something else. It's great! :)

When it comes to video games I play alone. One of the perks of video games is that it can be a solitary activity. I find playing with others and competing about as fun as poking myself in the eye. Sure there can be a sort of in-game competition to accomplish things in the game, but that's different.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 3:41 pm

To kill all the sick idiots I can't kill in real life.

foxant
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2015, 5:49 pm

i play to forget about my sad life. i cant connect to people, then i play games to forget about it.

Special Interest: memes

KennyIOM
Raven
Raven

26 Oct 2015, 1:25 pm

Because I often enjoy interactive media over passive for entertainment.

shan780
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Oct 2015, 1:33 pm

real life is boring. also, i am addicted to watching numbers rise in RPGs. i don't play them for escapism or anything like that (my life isn't actually bad), i just use them to fill time.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2015, 6:34 am

Escapism and the need to stim/sink my attention into something.

Nocturnus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2015, 2:14 pm

Because I can't summon mythological creatures or dragons in real life.
Because I can't hijack a hydra from a aircraft carrier without facing time in Guantanamo bay.
Because I can't fight a zombie apocalypse.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2015, 4:24 pm

Because I want to, its a good way to kill time if you're bored and its fun..sometimes frustrating but over all more fun than frustrating.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2016, 11:19 pm

I like being in a world where I can actually control characters and the environment they're in. The characters I play (usually) do what I "tell" them to do, and I can actually do things make the world I'm in a better place (or worse, if I want to be a real jerk). I guess I really am a control freak. :P

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Mar 2016, 11:59 pm

I played to release frustration sometimes but most of the time I play because it's fun or something to do to avoid being bored.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

lorkaan
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Mar 2016, 2:16 pm

Video games are a constrained reality in-which everything has set out rules and in person upon entering this reality is given instructions on how to operate within the game. (something with real life sorely lacks). All interaction within the game follows the given set of rules, its easier to understand and deal with after a day of having to essentially guess at what to do in any given situation.

It can also provide a social situation constrained by a certain set of rules, which makes navigation though that situation easier and more entertaining for me, for example my first two dates with my current girlfriend were us playing Battleship and then Pool.

Zaye
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2016, 8:47 pm

I have a hard time getting in to tv. My mind needs to be engaged more. I have a hard time getting in to some anime even, it has to really engage my mind in order to enjoy it. Most video games can engage me, visual novels being an exception, very rarely can I sit through them. If it is say, a visual novel/fighting game hybrid then yeah, I'm cool. I can make my own OCD rituals with how I play games, making less distressing rituals in my environment and external world. Also video games are usually far more interesting than what happens in my day to day life.

My childhood friends and I always would turn our lives in to an RPG game, one ended up in game design school and is making games for a living. But my OCD would flare up and I'd turn our lives in to something crazy in RPG Maker or something.

If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve. - Lao Tzu

Shaarga
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Mar 2016, 12:37 pm

I can back them up and not have them taken away from me/ retain control over them. Also far cheaper in terms of entertainment per hour than other activities. Plus as they're logical they don't consume any space, making them far more mobile than say a collection of sculptures.

Felancius
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Mar 2016, 7:51 pm

For me, it's a multitude of things. For one, I love to do it, and I also feel as if I do those best out of anything.

I also hope to one day even make a career out of it, perhaps even a YouTube channel, but for now, it's just something I do for social reasons as well as feel more engaged and strategic with them. That and it also helps keep depressing thoughts away... usually.

CaptLasik
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 12:43 am

To escape reality, relieve stress, and immerse myself in a good story.

- F. Scott Fitzgerald