Something to say about the Upcoming Star Wars Movie

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 6:35 pm

Just recently they released a poster of the new movie https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars ... poster.jpg
It looks cool but there is something that's kinda bothering me. As you can see the character Finn on the left is holding a lightsaber indicating that he may be the new Jedi of this picture, but I always thought that Rey (the female character in the middle) was to be the force sensitive one in this movie. In the trailer Luke repeats that line from Episode VI about how the force is strong in his family. His dad, himself, his sister and then he say's "you have that power too". I was assuming that Rey was the one seeing as how there's a rumour that she maybe Han and Leia's daughter or maybe even Luke's, but how can Finn be related to the Skywalker/Solo family. Did Leia have a one night stand with Lando Calrissian? Okay I'm not say Finn had Skywalker or Solo blood in him but I'm kinda disappointed that Rey is not the force sensitive one. I mean a lead female Jedi sounds pretty cool, not that Finn could be great either but we'll have to wait and see. I can't really judge this movie if I haven't seen it yet. For all we know Rey could be force sensitive.

catherinewalker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Aug 2015, 6:38 am

just waiting for the movie to release can't wait now....

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 8:48 pm

^^^
Me too! :D

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2015, 4:20 pm

Call me "Mr Grumpy Pants" if you like but I'm not very optimistic about the new movie. I didn't like J J Abrams' take on "Star Trek" and the trailers I've seen for Episode VII just don't look inspiring. The designs of the hardware and costumes don't inspire me. I don't get the impression that we'll get anything really new - I fear it will be just a pastiche of the original trilogy which tries to please everybody and ends up really appealing to nobody except the very young and uncritical.

I know it's not aimed at me. I know it won't be the same as when I saw the first movie when I was eleven years old but I still enjoy good fun movies - I had a blast with Guardians of the Galaxy and Inside Out recently for instance. We've seen franchises rise from the dead (Planet of the Apes and Mad Max spring to mind) and I'd like to see a bit of the old Star Wars magic back.

I'd love to be proved wrong on this.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Sep 2015, 2:58 pm

Falloy wrote:
Call me "Mr Grumpy Pants" if you like but I'm not very optimistic about the new movie. I didn't like J J Abrams' take on "Star Trek" and the trailers I've seen for Episode VII just don't look inspiring. The designs of the hardware and costumes don't inspire me. I don't get the impression that we'll get anything really new - I fear it will be just a pastiche of the original trilogy which tries to please everybody and ends up really appealing to nobody except the very young and uncritical.

I know it's not aimed at me. I know it won't be the same as when I saw the first movie when I was eleven years old but I still enjoy good fun movies - I had a blast with Guardians of the Galaxy and Inside Out recently for instance. We've seen franchises rise from the dead (Planet of the Apes and Mad Max spring to mind) and I'd like to see a bit of the old Star Wars magic back.

I'd love to be proved wrong on this.

I feel the same way, I hated the first Star Trek movie done by JJ Abrams so much that I haven't seen the second movie. I hope to be proven wrong, but that Star Trek movie was such a huge disappointment to me.

ding1991
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Sep 2015, 7:06 am

I can't wait the tickets will available for sale in imax! I am sure that the main character will be connected with Skywalker/Solo family and it can't be Fynn, but maybe he will be one more jedi in the movie and they did this poster to keep fans in confusion, this strategy is wide used, i even wrote about it when i did my paper for me cinematography class.