Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2015, 5:42 pm

I normally am not overly light sensitive, but lately even dim indoor lighting or walking outside on a cloudy say is too much for me. Right now I'm watching a movie in an airport lounge and I need to wear a baseball cap. If I don't my face gets sore from all of the squinting.

For those of you who have light sensitivity, does it come and go, or is it more constant?

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2015, 6:17 pm

For me it's constant, unless I have or am about to get a migraine -- then it's a whole lot worse.

Love transcends all.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2015, 2:48 am

Fern wrote:
I normally am not overly light sensitive, but lately even dim indoor lighting or walking outside on a cloudy say is too much for me. Right now I'm watching a movie in an airport lounge and I need to wear a baseball cap. If I don't my face gets sore from all of the squinting.

For those of you who have light sensitivity, does it come and go, or is it more constant?

For me its always about the same. Not bad but always there.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2015, 8:37 am

mine differs with my stress levels; as all my sensitivities do.
the more at ease i am, the less i'm bothered by my sensitivities, which makes me more at ease (and in reverse)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2015, 11:51 am

Mine is constant, but can seem worse if I haven't had enough sleep.

Xenization
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2015, 1:33 pm

Mine also differs in intensity with my stress levels. However, the triggers are pretty much constant--florescent lighting, a computer screen in the dark, etc.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2015, 7:05 am

Thanks for the responses. I wonder if I am just temporarily light sensitive since I haven't been sleeping well and am a bit stressed. I've been traveling alone, and been in 3 different countries in the past three days. I wish I could have been in a better state so that I could enjoy it more.

SpaceRanger
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Aug 2015, 8:53 am

Fern wrote:

I don't leave my house without sunglasses. No worries, all normal. You are in an airport, dry air too, and tons of movement around, your brain maybe is getting an overload, so help it by doing what you can do to minimize the bright light.

FallingDownMan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Aug 2015, 12:31 pm

Fern wrote:
Thanks for the responses. I wonder if I am just temporarily light sensitive since I haven't been sleeping well and am a bit stressed. I've been traveling alone, and been in 3 different countries in the past three days. I wish I could have been in a better state so that I could enjoy it more.

My sensitivities skyrocket with stress and anxiety. 3 different countries in 3 different days would put me at a high anxiety level, and make me more sensitive to everything. I would bet that when things calm down, that your sensitivities return to normal.