Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2015, 2:36 pm

Has anyone seen this 90s TV series about Sonic the Hedgehog? It was made at the same time as another Sonic series and has the same person voicing Sonic.

I'm more familiar with the other one, but I liked this one, too. However, it pulled a Twin Peaks and was cancelled after the second season leaving a cliffhanger frustratedly unresolved.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 6:00 pm

I watched it a few times if I was able to drag myself out of bed early enough on Saturday mornings, but I didn't like it very much. I found it kind of depressing because instead of just trying to keep Robotnik from taking over the world he pretty much already has. I saw one episode where Sonic is reunited with his uncle, who was roboticized and begins to act like himself again when he starts to remember Sonic, but at the end his robotic form takes over his brain again and he snarls at Sonic, and it ends with him crying.

I don't need to see downer endings to an already downer cartoon, especially when my life was enough of a downer as it is.

I watched the other cartoon, which was shown in the evenings on YTV in Canada, even though it was incredibly cheesy, especially the "Sonic Says" PSA's at the end. In one of them Sonic tells viewers that it's not safe to play on the road - while he's standing on the road! :lol: