Page 8 of 8 [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 1:24 am

androbot01 wrote:
And, glad you're feeling better.

It's dehumanizing because if they looked at them as people they wouldn't behave this way.

Sure they would. Never underestimate how badly someone else is willing to treat another human being. Doesn't mean they don't think of them as people, it just means they don't give a s**t.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 1:39 am

Rape Culture is vastly overblown in every area of society (at least here in the U.S.)

If a woman regrets having sex with a guy, it's not unusual to see her scream RAPE!
This happens quite a lot these days since it is quite easy to bring about rape charges in most states and in some developed countries.
There is very little legal punishment for claiming a false rape, let alone filing the charge for a woman.
(this is on the rise now too)

If a woman has a bad breakup, it's not unusual for rape charges to be filed in order to destroy said ex.
If a woman wants to hurt her husband or boyfriend, she screams rape (this happens a lot now too)
It's cheaper and more effective long term than taking him to court to hammer out a divorce/split
Hell the allegation alone will stop him from getting many jobs, if not get him fired.
It may even cost him his friends and family.

If a woman doesn't get hired, it's not unusual to her to scream rape and/or sexual harassment (this is on the rise now too).

If a woman doesn't get the grade she feels is right in college or high school from a male teacher/professor, she can scream rape (this is on the rise now too).

It's being more common for women to purposely hook up with a guy, then claim rape in order to take the guy to the cleaners.

Rape went from being a serious crime pre 2000s to a tool for women to use to get what they want.
In most U.S. states the burden of proof is on the defendant (the charged) not the prosecutor.

Most major police departments claim they are wasting most of their time deal with false rape claims to the point that actual rape crimes are being lost under all of it.
They are required by law to investigate all allegations of rape to the fullest extent, regardless of the legitimacy of the woman and claim.

Do not mistake the above part of my post as an attack on women rights, hating on rape victims, or hating feminist.

With that said, the greatest tool feminist have at their disposal is rape allegations.
It has been far more successful than anything else they've tried in fulfilling their mission.

In Junior High, High School, and in college these two line have been repeatedly told to me about sex with a woman:
"Make sure the woman is explicitly verbal with her consent to sex and while during, or it is rape!"
"Sex with a woman is rape until explicitly stated otherwise by the woman!"

Thankfully I'm gay...!

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 1:53 am

xenocity wrote:
Rape Culture is vastly overblown in every area of society (at least here in the U.S.)

If a woman regrets having sex with a guy, it's not unusual to see her scream RAPE!
This happens quite a lot these days since it is quite easy to bring about rape charges in most states and in some developed countries.
There is very little legal punishment for claiming a false rape, let alone filing the charge for a woman.

If a woman has a bad breakup, it's not unusual for rape charges to be filed in order to destroy said ex.
If a woman wants to hurt her husband or boyfriend, she screams rape (this happens a lot now too)
It's cheaper and more effective long term than taking him to court to hammer out a divorce/split
Hell the allegation alone will stop him from getting many jobs, if not get him fired.

If a woman doesn't get hired, it's not unusual to her to scream rape and/or sexual harassment (this is on the rise now too).

If a woman doesn't get the grade she feels is right in college or high school from a male teacher/professor, she can scream rape (this is on the rise now too).

It's being more common for women to purposely hook up with a guy, then claim rape in order to take the guy to the cleaners.

Rape went from being a serious crime pre 2000s to a tool for women to use to get what they want.
In most U.S. states the burden of proof is on the defendant (the charged) not the prosecutor.

Most major police departments claim they are wasting most of their time deal with false rape claims to the point that actual rape crimes are being lost under all of it.
They are required by law to investigate all allegations of rape to the fullest extent, regardless of the legitimacy of the woman and claim.

Do not mistake the above part of my post as an attack on women rights, hating on rape victims, or hating feminist.

With that said, the greatest tool feminist have at their disposal is rape allegations.
It has been far more successful than anything else they've tried in fulfilling their mission.

In Junior High, High School, and in college these two line have been repeatedly told to me about sex with a woman:
"Make sure the woman is explicitly verbal with her consent to sex and while during, or it is rape!"

Thankfully I'm gay...!

It's also one of the reasons I'm asexual and celibate. Besides, I have undescended testicles. I almost got hit with a rape charge by a girl in high school who would not leave me alone. I'd go for a walk, she, or her sisters, would be following me. If I even touched her or her sisters in any way, they'd scream rape. But if I'm sitting on the school bus, minding my own business, she'd sit next to me and start masturbating me. If I grabbed her hand to remove it from my crotch, she'd scream rape. Even today, and I've been out of high school almost 40 years, I still have those nightmares. I never talked to my parents about the situation, because they'd blame me for allowing it to happen.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 1:58 am

Meistersinger wrote:
xenocity wrote:

Thankfully I'm gay...!

It's also one of the reasons I'm asexual and celibate. Besides, I have undescended testicles. I almost got hit with a rape charge by a girl in high school who would not leave me alone. I'd go for a walk, she, or her sisters, would be following me. If I even touched her or her sisters in any way, they'd scream rape. But if I'm sitting on the school bus, minding my own business, she'd sit next to me and start masturbating me. If I grabbed her hand to remove it from my crotch, she'd scream rape. Even today, and I've been out of high school almost 40 years, I still have those nightmares. I never talked to my parents about the situation, because they'd blame me for allowing it to happen.

I think they should tighten the rape laws across the board to make it harder to file rape charges and require more evidence.
There also should be legal recourse for those who are falsely accused and a nice punishment for those who make false claims.
I'm all for giving jail time to those who purposely use false rape allegations to get what they want.
The prosecutors and police need to stop coaching the alleged victims before going on the stand.

Though what would Dick Wolf do if that happened? Would he run out of content for Law & Order SVU?

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 2:05 am

xenocity wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:
xenocity wrote:

Thankfully I'm gay...!

I think they should tighten the rape laws across the board to make it harder to file rape charges and require more evidence.
There also should be legal recourse for those who are falsely accused and a nice punishment for those who make false claims.
I'm all for giving jail time to those who purposely use false rape allegations to get what they want.
The prosecutors and police need to stop coaching the alleged victims before going on the stand.

Though what would Dick Wolf do if that happened? Would he run out of content for Law & Order SVU?

Don't worry about Mr. Wolf. He'll find something else to hang the Law and Order franchise on, although SVU is getting extremely long in the tooth ever since Craign, Munch, and Stabler were written out of the show.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 2:13 am

Meistersinger wrote:
xenocity wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:
xenocity wrote:

Thankfully I'm gay...!

Don't worry about Mr. Wolf. He'll find something else to hang the Law and Order franchise on, although SVU is getting extremely long in the tooth ever since Craign, Munch, and Stabler were written out of the show.

SVU is the only Law & Order still going.
CI was canceled in 2011 followed by the mainline in 2012.
All the other spin offs failed.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 2:19 am

Meistersinger wrote:

I'm pretty sure most know or can guess my feelings and opinions about "rape culture" so I won't go into that.

However, I love Olivia Benson but her without Stabler is just wrong. There was this "work wife" vibe going on with them. Like some sort of never to be acted upon attraction where you knew they would be perfect for each other and were in many ways closer than they were to their significant others. I miss him. A lot.

Also, I like that actress because she's my age and ballsey and they show her as still doing things and taking care of business and not as some weak little old lady who now needs the younger folks to do things for her. She also is shown as sexy at 50 which is something they never used to do. Maybe they are doing it for our generation but they never used to. Gemma on SoA was shown as sexy in a trashy kind of way too and she is older than me.

I haven't had TV in over a year and only have Netflix and havn't seen much SVU but I did like Fin too. Is he still there and have they kept him the same or did they just cut off the character's balls? I liked him edgy.

OOTC: I think rape is wrong and should be punished and I think that people are too quick to say that everything in the world encourages rape except the thing which actually encourages it which is the guy being batshit crazy (this does not always mean mentally ill) and not controlling his psycho urges. It's control and not sex, except date rape which is sometimes about sex but it's still just as wrong.

Also I do agree that a very few girls will say they were raped when they just regret having sex. My younger daughter has a friend like that and she told me they had an "intervention" for her after she would tell one of her friends she liked this guy and was going out with him and oh she slept with him and then a few days later that he wouldn't take no for an answer and he raped her, etc. Yeah. She's got more issues than just this. But they told her there is a difference between rape and regret and that if she doesn't want people to know about her sex life and talk about it then she needs to keep it to herself because she's the one out there spreading all the rumors about herself. However, I don't think most rapes are like this.

I do not however believe that if my husband wakes up before I do and I'm asleep facing away from him that if he decides to wake me up with a (for him) extra happy good morning that it is rape. I've had people insist that it is. But it's not. At least not with most normal married couples who aren't in a huge fight and not having sex and who don't have a whole bunch of weird sex rules they follow. Married women can be raped by their husbands, but not like that.

Ansd that was my Obligatory On Topic Content (OOTC)

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 2:20 am

xenocity wrote:

Thankfully I'm gay...!

That's a lot of claims coming from a guy with no sources. But your conjectures would make for good tv.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 3:10 am

androbot01 wrote:
xenocity wrote:

Thankfully I'm gay...!

That's a lot of claims coming from a guy with no sources. But your conjectures would make for good tv.

Unlike you, I was born in 1985 and had the unfortunate luck of hitting puberty in the late 1990s and coming of age in 2003.
I've had to sit through countless classes, meetings, and lectures about sexual crimes against women and what is proper consensual sex.
I had to sit through all the rape statistics, listen to what all could and would be considered rape under the law and what consent and continual consent (while sex is happening) actually is from a woman.
I also know that a woman can by any act revoke consent even during sex, without explicitly verbalizing it.
I also know what little women have to say and what little evidence is needed to take it to court.
I also been taught what will happen to me, if a woman ever claims rape, even if we have never interacted on any level, at the hand of the legal system.
I also know what will happen to my life, if a rape allegation is on my record and how hard it will be to clear my name (if at all possible).
I have also been taught to get the consent on record if possible to protect myself against any possible allegations that may come from having sex with a woman.

This has been taught to my peers and I since 7th grade in regular intervals to ensure that women aren't raped.
Many companies regularly force their male employees to go to classes too (I've gotten them in interview packets from companies).

I hear they teach all this stuff as early as 4th grade in many states now from other people who've talked to me.

The saying goes "don't give a woman a reason to scream RAPE!"

Here's an editorial from a woman explaining the problem with the U.S. CDC rape statistics be good enough for you?
http://time.com/3393442/cdc-rape-numbers/

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2 ... -are-false
Obviously you cannot get the real number false rapes (or women who claim rape to get even or out of regret).
A rape charge can be considered true/real in most states as long as the authorities feel it meets the criteria.
You don't need conviction to make it true/real.
Even claiming rape out of regret doesn't mean it will be classified as a false rape allegation (or out of revenge).
Each U.S. state has it's own criteria for determining whether a rape is true/real or not.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/eco ... pe-culture
This from US News and World Report (very credible publication) from October 24th 2013, using the last study done claiming that rape culture doesn't exist and the those claiming it does have no data backing it.

It is literally too easy to bring a rape charge in most U.S. states, you can even go to trail without physical and medical evidence.

That case in NH, which the verdict was handed down on Friday against Owen Labrie, the prosecution had no physical evidence and medical evidence proving rape.
They did have evidence of acts between the two.
Yet they still were able to bring it to trial and win on lesser counts, though rape felony was through out.
They did get him on a lesser rape charge that will see him sent to jail for up to 11 years for it all.

Yes many U.S states have different rape charges ranging from felony to minor offenses.

Like I stated there is no real punishment under the laws here in the U.S. for filing a false rape claim or one out of regret and revenge.
There is also very little legal recourse outside of suing that person to clear your name and record.

I know what it's like to have someone try and force themselves on you and have to fight them off, so you don't need to explain sexual abuse and crimes to me.

One last note, try filing a rape claim as a man and see hard it is the process is compared to that of a woman filing (it's really hard for a man to get his rape investigated let alone taken seriously).

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 3:41 am

Also here is a good article from slate on topic of false rape accusations
http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/ ... appen.html

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 3:49 am

xenocity wrote:
This has been taught to my peers and I since 7th grade in regular intervals to ensure that women aren't raped.
Many companies regularly force their male employees to go to classes too (I've gotten them in interview packets from companies).

I hear they teach all this stuff as early as 4th grade in many states now from other people who've talked to me.

The saying goes "don't give a woman a reason to scream RAPE!"

Do you think it helped? In the '70s they taught us about contraception and communicable diseases.

Quote:
Here's an editorial from a woman explaining the problem with the U.S. CDC rape statistics be good enough for you?
http://time.com/3393442/cdc-rape-numbers/

Quote:
Moreover, the introductory message ends with an advisory that may create more confusion: “Please remember that even if someone uses alcohol or drugs, what happens to them is not their fault.” Obviously, the intended point is that even if you got drunk, you’re not to blame for being raped. But this vaguely phrased reminder could also be taken to mean that it’s not your fault if you do something stupid while drunk or on drugs.

Quote:
And now the real surprise: when asked about experiences in the last 12 months, men reported being “made to penetrate”—either by physical force or due to intoxication—at virtually the same rates as women reported rape (both 1.1 percent in 2010, and 1.7 and 1.6 respectively in 2011).

In other words, if being made to penetrate someone was counted as rape—and why shouldn’t it be?—then the headlines could have focused on a truly sensational CDC finding: that women rape men as often as men rape women.

Seems like a sensible article.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2 ... -are-false

Quote:
What we know is that we don't know. We should not presume that every rape victim is telling the truth because it would make it easier for victims to come forward. Nor should we presume that every rape accusation has a 50 percent chance of being false. We should look at the facts in each case and judge them with the knowledge that some women do lie about rape -- for revenge, to cover up some problem in their own lives, to get attention and sympathy from others. And also with the knowledge that men lie, too, violating their victims a second time in order to cover up their crimes. And that while men have gone to jail for rapes they did not commit, many other men have avoided the jail time they deserved for terrible crimes against women.

Also reasonable.

I'm not saying false rape claims don't happen. Or that actual assaults don't happen to men. I don't know... as a gay man how would you feel arriving as a freshman, say 19 years old, and a gay frat house had such banners. I don't know, when I think of it that way it doesn't seem so bad. Maybe I'm gender biased.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 4:05 am

Traditional rape aka forced penetration of a woman against her will has been dropping year after year in the U.S.
It's literally entering the point of historic lows (from when records began).

From the USA Today on rape statistics from 2014.

Quote:
But feminists pushed for a broader definition of rape, going beyond what Susan Estrich, in a very influential book, derisively called Real Rape, to encompass other forms of sexual coercion and intimidation. And so now the term "rape" as it is commonly used encompasses things like "date rape," sex while a partner is intoxicated, sex without prior verbal consent and even — at Ohio State University, at least — sex where both partners consent, but for different reasons.

Quote:
Unsurprisingly, when the definition of rape — or, as it's often now called in order to provide less clarity, "sexual assault" — expands to include a lot more than behavior distinguished by superior physical strength, the incidence of rape goes up, and behavior engaged in by women is more likely to be included in the definition. (At juvenile detention centers nine out of 10 reporters of sexual assault are males victimized by female staffers.)
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2 ... /16007089/

If you add this to the ease of filing a rape claim, bringing it to trial, and/or getting a conviction without the need of physical and medical evidence, the amount of rape incidences goes through the roof to epidemic proportions.

All this stuff is drowning out the actual rapes that need attention.