Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2015, 5:15 pm

If Smash Bros. creates friendships and Mario Party ruins them then what does Smash Tour do?

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2015, 8:34 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
If Smash Bros. creates friendships and Mario Party ruins them then what does Smash Tour do?

A whole lot of nothing, apparently.

From what I hear, most people dont like it. Seems damn fun to me, really. Not that anyone I know cares, feh.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2015, 8:40 pm

Smash tour, well I think I have felt frustrated, but it probably was not towards other people, unless they take your characters. And people who are not good at many characters also get very frustrated.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2015, 12:16 pm

I used to play Melee quite a bit. I hated using the same character over and over because I found that boring. My best friend used Fox and he was very good. He was also really angry constantly.

There are some people who take Smash Bros. really seriously. Those are the people who know how to wavedash in Melee and care about the tier list. Those are the people who invented the phrase "NO ITEMS, FOX ONLY, FINAL DESTINATION!"

Then there are the people like me who think that Smash Bros. is supposed to be funny and not serious business.

Smash Bros. U has something for both crowds. They removed random tripping, sped up the game and added omega stages for hardcore people but then they added smash tour for ... well ... me. That mode is a hardcore smasher's nightmare since everything is random (including your fighter) and items are everywhere.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 12:09 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
I used to play Melee quite a bit. I hated using the same character over and over because I found that boring. My best friend used Fox and he was very good. He was also really angry constantly.

There are some people who take Smash Bros. really seriously. Those are the people who know how to wavedash in Melee and care about the tier list. Those are the people who invented the phrase "NO ITEMS, FOX ONLY, FINAL DESTINATION!"

Then there are the people like me who think that Smash Bros. is supposed to be funny and not serious business.

Smash Bros. U has something for both crowds. They removed random tripping, sped up the game and added omega stages for hardcore people but then they added smash tour for ... well ... me. That mode is a hardcore smasher's nightmare since everything is random (including your fighter) and items are everywhere.

Ugh, yes.

I'll be honest, I find the "hardcore" crowd with this game to be so bloody boring. And I say this as someone that not only plays fighting games to death, but tends to be *very* good at them.

My own thoughts on it are that if you have skill in this game.... REAL skill.... you can adapt to the... *ahem*... "random" gameplay. There are very, very few items in the game that I consider to be a genuine problem (as in, ACTUALLY unfair), and also the Smash Ball, and other than that... well, I find it kinda sad that most players just cant handle it. Hell, one of my favorite things to do, just to prove my point, is to basically say to someone "Okay, I'll show you how unfair it ISNT. We'll have a match here, and I'm going to allow YOU to grab every item that appears if you want to. I wont touch any of them. And we'll see what happens". And then I'd win, with entertaining reactions following from my opponent. Most items can be dealt with if you know how, or actually produce some sort of weakness that can be exploited while the player is holding the thing. But the "pro" set refuses to even TRY, so.... they've no idea what any of that even is.

Same goes with the stages. Every player on the screen faces the same hazards at the same time.... "deal with it", is what I always like to say. It's seriously not that bloody difficult.

Really, the pro scene with this series is just... so freaking dull. Play with their rules, and about 80% of the game is just ignored.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2015, 3:47 am

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/811/792/400.jpg

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2015, 3:50 am

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2015, 4:13 am

adapting to random things is like a big part of the fun and I skill. I often change between matches because same character get boring. That, and things like my Zelda teleport control strategy can be exhausting to keep up. It is good to have a good list of characters you are good at, but I am sure most also have some we are absolute rubbish at, like Diddy Kong and ROB.

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Sep 2015, 7:20 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

It bores you to death until you stop playing Smash Tour and then you play normal Smash. Duh.