Owl123
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Aug 2015, 10:49 am

b9 wrote:
Owl123 wrote:
b9 wrote:
i sort of....etc

Man, You're awesome! I wish I could also do that. To erase the thought of pleasing other people. Tell me your style Master. : 3

i wonder if you are being sarcastic, but i do not really care any way if you are or are not.

i have no interest in other people's pleasure but it is not because i erased it. i never had it in the first place.

i do not have any interest in creating displeasure in people so i am not antithetic to concord in any way.
i just think that if i were never born, then everyone would still be having the same life anyway, so my non contribution in a productive way to their lives would be of no consequence to their ultimate destinies.

i may as well play games with them to see how they act. but i do know what may make someone sad and i would never do that.

If you thought I am being sarcastic then, I have been MISUNDERSTOOD as well. When I commend you, I really meant to imply that some people who are like me who's having social anxiety are always anxious what or how to react with other people in a certain way that our face won't jitter, or words wouldn't be a complete clutter. But when I read your post about not caring about how people would say of how you react to them makes me feel inspired as an anxious person because it gave me the thought that being too much over thinker can cause much stress especially in my case. And to justify it all - The words that I am trying to convey in this site wouldn't have much same meaning as I meant it because each one of us has our own perspectives, then each one of us are indeed prone to being MISUNDERSTOOD.

Owl123
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Aug 2015, 10:55 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Most people value blunt honesty--even NT's.

It is an art to be bluntly honest without offending people. I don't always get it right--and it's because I get too emotional about things, and tend to want to convey my own take on things.

I am one who tries to make the attempt to put blunt terms in "other ways" which leave open the option for debates, rather than the "blunt term" being absolutely not open for debate.

I seek to leave open the possibility that the other person might be right. I make sure I use "qualifying terms" to make sure that I don't absolutely believe in something--to the exclusion of other viewpoints which might, after all, be right, and mine actually wrong.

Dear Kraftiekortie,

I am wondering why I often see you on the threads whenever I post a comment or a new topic. It just makes me baffle. What makes you often comment on what I post, or comment? Please answer me clearly to erase misunderstanding in my mind.
Thank you.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 11:39 am

olympiadis wrote:
You can observe uncertainty being used for "gaming" quite easily with politicians.
A politician may say "let me be clear..." and then make a statement with absolutely no specifics or defined parameters.

This sounds like the company I work for :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 11:51 am

Don't be baffled. I didn't even notice your presence. I was responding to someone else.

You're worrying too much.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 6:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Don't be baffled. I didn't even notice your presence. I was responding to someone else.

You're worrying too much.

May I suggest you include a quote from the post you are referring too?...
To alleviate any misunderstandings... :mrgreen:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 6:23 pm

Look at Owl's post.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 8:26 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Look at Owl's post.

Owl was confused because you didn't quote from the post you were referring to...
He thought you were talking about his post...
It is less confusing if people supply a quote, is all I am saying...
Not a biggy, but it does help... ;)

Oy vey!
How ironic...
What a misunderstanding! <slap head> :mrgreen:

b9
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 10:33 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

honesty is in the mind of the beholder, and their honesty means not much to me. they can say what they wish, and it will have little affect whether they are honest or not. other people live their lives in their own way. i do not care to eavesdrop on them

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 11:49 am

Owl posted AFTER I posted

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 7:42 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Owl posted AFTER I posted

Here is what Owl responded to...
One of your posts... ;)

Owl123 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

It is an art to be bluntly honest without offending people. I don't always get it right--and it's because I get too emotional about things, and tend to want to convey my own take on things.

I am one who tries to make the attempt to put blunt terms in "other ways" which leave open the option for debates, rather than the "blunt term" being absolutely not open for debate.

I seek to leave open the possibility that the other person might be right. I make sure I use "qualifying terms" to make sure that I don't absolutely believe in something--to the exclusion of other viewpoints which might, after all, be right, and mine actually wrong.

Dear Kraftiekortie,

I am wondering why I often see you on the threads whenever I post a comment or a new topic. It just makes me baffle. What makes you often comment on what I post, or comment? Please answer me clearly to erase misunderstanding in my mind.
Thank you.

I'm not telling you to add a quote from a post you are responding to...
I'm just saying it is less confusing if you do... ;)
This applies to everyone, not just you...<shrug>

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 8:04 pm

Owl had the idea that I was following her somehow. If she had posted BEFORE me, then she would have a case LOL.

She was baffled because I seemed to respond to her threads, or to be within her threads all the time.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 8:08 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Hmmm...
"Most people" can be 51%...
No way to definitively/factually quantify the numbers here in this conversation...
Surveys may assist in determining a *tendency* and I might do a Google...

Personally I believe that many people value tactful, not blunt honesty...
Especially when involving our heavily emotion infused NT cousins...
I also believe younger people specifically do not like blunt aspie honesty...
I was young once (yes I was!) and remember having to learn to appreciate hard hitting honesty...
And I am a truth hugging aspie!

NTs are known for their tendency to use "white lies' designed (usually) to mitigate collateral emotional damages...
This frustrates many, many, did I say "many" on the autistic spectrum...
I stand firm on this...
This far!
No farther!... ;)

A wise man once said:
"I'd rather live a hash truth than a comfortable lie..."
That wise man was me... :P

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 8:49 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Owl had the idea that I was following her somehow. If she had posted BEFORE me, then she would have a case LOL.

She was baffled because I seemed to respond to her threads, or to be within her threads all the time.

Here is what Owl wrote in completion:
Owl123 wrote:

Dear Kraftiekortie,

Thank you.

Consider this:
Quote:
What makes you often comment on what I post, or comment?

This is independent on who posted first.

I find this comment by Owl a little unclear:
Quote:
I am wondering why I often see you on the threads whenever I post a comment or a new topic.

It could be inferred to mean that Owl feels "stalked"...
It could simply be a remnant of a concern/consideration from previous encounters...
It could be an expression of frustration or paranoia...
It would be helpful if Owl could explain what she meant...
Simple... ;)

I actually I thought you were responding to my post...
Could you clarify that that is the case or tell us who you were replying to?...lol

Oh, the humanity...
The misunderstanding... :mrgreen:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 8:58 pm

As I recall, I wasn't really "responding" to anybody. I was responding to what was previously said in the post by multiple people. More to an "idea," rather than a "person."

Are you from NYC, by any chance? I'm a Jewish New Yorker who sometimes says "oy vey." Never heard it on WP before.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 2:40 pm

Yes, I tend to get misunderstood a lot. Especially online. It bothers me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 8:13 pm

Yep...that sucks!

It's easy to be misunderstood online because of the nature of being online: no face-to-face contact.