Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 5:27 am

Recently listened to http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b066wfp4 - had no idea there could be a blockchain marriage. But the potential to dispose of corrupt authorities is interesting...

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 7:39 am

Thank you for making a bitcoin discussion thread.

I like the concept of bitcoin. I have lots of money but I can't spend it online because I don't have a credit card or PayPal account. Bitcoin solves that problem, it's essentially online cash meaning that if used properly it's completely anonymous.

Bitcoin (if used properly) cannot be taxed by authorities which could be a problem. Some people even claim it could overthrow the government. Bitcoin cannot be enforced by the government if it's used properly.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

slave
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 8:02 pm

Mootoo wrote:
Recently listened to http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b066wfp4 - had no idea there could be a blockchain marriage. But the potential to dispose of corrupt authorities is interesting...

Marriage :?: :!: 8O 8O
Hmmm...i had never heard of this application before either.
Thanks for relaying this information :)

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 8:25 pm

It's hard to think of anywhere it wouldn't be useful, provided the in-situ equivalent of ASIC miners for the particular data streams it would be tasked with. I have a small crypto miner in my basement and I have to say, despite all the redundancies and divisions I found things really straightforward, back when it was profitable that is.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

KristenBrown
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Nov 2019, 10:49 am

Let me start this the crypto mueghol -Bruce Schneider saying-

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files"

Well, crypto is not controlled by the government, so there is a chance that government will use a ban on it. But the day passes by the chance of doing so is getting less. New from different cryptolinks say that government actually adopting to the blockchain technology and big companies already lunching crypto of there own like Libra. Thank you.!