Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 7:47 pm

Turing being homosexual is portrayed in a mildly vague manner in The Imitation Game.

As for Sacks, if he was socially awkward as many said he was, then him being an Aspie is a possibility.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 6:48 pm

Oliver Sacks was a genius in his own right. His ability to observe people with neurological problems and write about them was ground breaking. I have a couple of his books on my shelf. Always hoped he'd write about Autism.

Varelse
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Sep 2015, 2:15 pm

A true mensch, and one of my favorite people. His writings, and his life, are a gift to humanity.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 10:25 pm

Supposedly his last tweet was about a video of a 'flash mob' playing "Ode to Joy."
I did a search for the video and the music, along with knowing that was something he watched, moved me to tears.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 9:59 am

Oh man, I hadn't heard about this.

Did anyone read this book, Hallucinations? It changed the way I saw many things.