When will you Jews condemn this incident in West Bank?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 3:36 pm

How come no Israelis or Jews have condemned an incident where an Israeli soldier put an 11 year old boy in a chokehold, put a gun to his head, and sat on him???? where are all the so-called "Moderate" jewish voices???

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 6:04 pm

How do you know no Jews condemned it? Do you know all Jews? Israels gets protest and criticism from within, from its own own citizens. There are even groups that focus on improving relations, that have been largely undermined by the politicians on both side, though.

If you condemn brutality you have to condemn it all that of it an that includes Hamas, and plenty other groups.

If I had a young child, no matter what regime or occupation I was under I would never tell them they can throw rocks. That puts them at risk and I have a responsibility to protect them. Being a "martyr" is no life for a kid. You might claim this kid wasn't don't this, but it is not unusual. Kids are even paraded dressed as suicide bombers.

The Palestinians are truly suffering. However there is important truth about the nature of suffering and victimhood that you must realise, and it is an uncomfortable one. A culture can crop up around victimhood and it can to become self-perpetuating. So when victimhood becomes a culture, the neurosis crosses the generations. Children are taught grievance, victimhood and hatred. Hamas has specifically used suffering itself, and ether tried to solicit it or has directly caused it. Their whole politic is based on suffering, and doesn't work without it. So their interest in a peaceful resolution isn't there, becuase as a movement they wouldn't be relevant.

In the 60s thing weren't as bad as they are now, in the 70s thing weren't as bad as they are now, in the 80s things weren't as bad as they are now, in the 90s, etc. It has got steadily worse for ordinary people, especially in Gaza. Simplifying it to one side being at fault.just show ignorance of the situation. Thing are bad in the in the West bank, but much worse in Gaza.

The population of Israelis and Palestinian isn't that great, compared to other conflict areas in Middle East.

Yes the West has made massive mistakes starting wars. Now it is a shit-storm. But these sectarian conflicts are also centuries old. There have been problem in the region for 13 centuries and before. It is not all to do with the last century and it is not all to do with the Crusades either (which were never one sided anyway). There is still a culture where they are mutually suspicious of each other. The different regimes they have lived under are simply different ways of trying to deal with it.

The Israelis have arrested some of their extremists for arson and hate crimes, the problem is they are holding them without real charge or trial. This makes their approach to Justice not much better then Hamas. Well with Hamas "justice" is rather swift. When they won the election in Gaza, they rounded all the Fatah members in in Gaza took them to a high building an pushed them off.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 7:08 pm

There is probably nothing to condemn. They sometimes have to shoot batshit crazy Palestinians.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 8:04 pm

I used to have a neighbor who was an israeli citizen of eastern european jewish extraction.

He very much preferred living in Utah, and whenever things were getting sketchy back home he would call his family and yell at them for not getting out of there like he did, asking them how could it possibly be worth it?

So i am careful to condemn zionist israelis, and those who are complicit with zionist israelis.

Good joke, Yahweh, telling two completely different groups of people that the same piece of land is sacred to each of them forever and ever. Very funny.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 4:14 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
So i am careful to condemn zionist israelis, and those who are complicit with zionist israelis.

Zionism has seen a revival, bu the reality is the Israel was going in the direction for a secular state, now true Zionism is on the rise, however the word is generalized.

The original Zionist moment is long over, there is a new Zionist moment that is a resurgence a similar movement of the Palestinians.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 4:22 pm

Turns out it was just another Pallywood production starring Shirley Temper.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 5:54 pm

blauSamstag wrote:

Good joke, Yahweh, telling two completely different groups of people that the same piece of land is sacred to each of them forever and ever. Very funny.

What?, you mean between the tribe of Manesseh and the tribe of Ephraim?, or Gad and Benjamin?, I cannot see where God promised the same bit of land too two different peoples? http://www.jr.co.il/pictures/israel/maps/tribes-map.gif
I think its more a case of different people both claiming God gave them certain land when it is recorded in Numbers Chapter 37 that no tribe must ever take any of the land given to one of the other tribes:-
" 7"Thus no inheritance of the sons of Israel shall be transferred from tribe to tribe, for the sons of Israel shall each hold to the inheritance of the tribe of his fathers."

At the moment the troubles seem to be between the Palestinians and the tribe of Judah, it is written that God is going to gather and restore all of Israel,you think it is bad now?, just wait until the other eleven tribes of Israel return to claim their God give inheritance!

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 9:54 am

MonsterCrack wrote:
How come no Israelis or Jews have condemned an incident where an Israeli soldier put an 11 year old boy in a chokehold, put a gun to his head, and sat on him???? where are all the so-called "Moderate" jewish voices???

Almost all of them are moderate. But Israeli soldiers are often put in difficult positions. And Palestinians deliberately engineer these opportunities to make Israel look bad.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 11:35 am

MonsterCrack wrote:

You didn't even bother to tell us the details of the incident or better yet post a link to the news story. I'm guessing said Israeli soldier had a reason to sit on said 11 year old (probably a Palestinian but how would we KNOW without a link).

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 11:46 am

Settlements in disputed territory are an act of war.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 12:30 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:

You haven't conveyed sufficient information to condemn the incident or applaud the incident.

I can think of a number of reasons why it could be proper to put an 11 year old in a chokehold, put a gun to his head, and sit on him.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 2:19 pm

blauSamstag wrote:

^ this

Enough said.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 4:30 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

^ this

Enough said.

Yes but there was a long period between between the first intafada and second/third, where the sides did nothing, meanwhile the most extreme who were itching to fight each other have come to the front.

The settlement are absolutely wrong, but there is also truth that the most extreme area, and most unsafe is the area is where the settlements have been withdraw. So you cans see why even those that object to the settlement in principle might be sill reluctant to just withdrawal at this stage.

The settlement are wrong not becuase land mass, but more to do with the recognized border and the need for viable states. Although i do argue that in order to consider all option, the worthless UN charter should not limit future negotiations to give the maximum flexibility in resolution.

I believes strongly that both the the Palestinian and Israeli leadership, need to be shown the cold shoulder/silent treatment, and inaction should should be sanctioned. We need to to de-internationalise the situation, by not endorsing envoys who have done nothing but enable the culture of inaction. The outside intervention has only added to the blame game.

I think that Abbas and Netanyahu deliberately killed the process championed by Kerry before the recent intervention in Gaza. Kerry was extremely naive to think that was the opportune moment to negotiate, when neither side had shown any interest in the process. The rhetoric that both side were playing during made their intentions clear. The problem is they had to use quite devastating tactics to kill it, so it contributed to the worsening situation.

Thing were bad in the 80s, but it was worse is Lebanon with the civil war. Now is an an absolute s**thole in the Palestinian territories, and nobody is faultless.

The the surrounding Arab state are hypocrites. The deliberately keep the refuges in limbo, in order to make political point rather than truly care for their welfare.

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 4:34 pm

There's plenty of Jews that condemn it, like Norman Finkelstein, and Noam Chomsky, and many many others. There's a lot that'll probably think its justified too though.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 4:34 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Now is an absolute s**thole in the Palestinian territories, and nobody is faultless.

Except Islam, of course.

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 4:37 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

Zionism has seen a revival, bu the reality is the Israel was going in the direction for a secular state, now true Zionism is on the rise, however the word is generalized.

The original Zionist moment is long over, there is a new Zionist moment that is a resurgence a similar movement of the Palestinians.

I don't really see them as completely different. There's Palestinian Jews, and they lived alongside Palestinian muslims and christians relatively peacefully for centuries until the European Jews started emigrating en masse in the 1940's.