SCOTUS rejects Kim Davis' appeal, cites 1 Timothy 2 11-15

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 9:32 pm

Well, not really.

Rejected without comment.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/supreme-court-will-take-action-kentucky-gay-marriage-fight

Now that her appeal to the highest court in the land has been rejected, what do you think she will try next?

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 11:44 am

Word is that Joe Davis has compared his wife to the biblical figures Paul and Silas, who were sent to prison and were then rescued by God.

So it's settled then. She gets held in contempt of court and goes to prison where she can wait to be rescued by God.

Caelum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Sep 2015, 11:30 am

blauSamstag wrote:
Word is that Joe Davis has compared his wife to the biblical figures Paul and Silas, who were sent to prison and were then rescued by God.

So it's settled then. She gets held in contempt of court and goes to prison where she can wait to be rescued by God.

You sir, are a prophet.

I wonder how long she will wait before she 'compromises.'

Grebels
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2015, 11:46 am

The prophets were sent to prison or killed for speaking out. Jeremiah went to Eygpt with the others. Daniel and his friends were rescued.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2015, 12:02 pm

We now have a martyr in Kentucky.

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2015, 1:38 pm

I'm so tired of "Christians" thinking we have some sort of special privilege and are above the law... If you can't do your job, step down!
But no... someone in my family (by marriage) is defending her, saying the atheists are trying to get Christians out of the government and it's a conspiracy against Christianity and we're so oppressed... -_- How can anyone live with such fear?

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2015, 2:52 pm

kamiyu910 wrote:
I'm so tired of "Christians" thinking we have some sort of special privilege and are above the law... If you can't do your job, step down!
But no... someone in my family (by marriage) is defending her, saying the atheists are trying to get Christians out of the government and it's a conspiracy against Christianity and we're so oppressed... -_- How can anyone live with such fear?

Agreed. She is a civil servant who is refusing to do a job that the law requires her to do. If she shirks her duty to providing a government function then she should resign her job. If she gets fired then that's on her for trying to maintain a job that she refuses to perform. There is no martyrdom here, there is just religous dingbattery and dereliction of job requirements.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

04 Sep 2015, 2:58 pm

Why can't someone else just do it? Arresting her is ridiculous and makes her a martyr, just go over her head and forget about it. They want to make this a spectacle.

Caelum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Sep 2015, 3:11 pm

She's doing it for wealth and fame. She'll get a book deal and spend the rest of her life on the right wing speaking circuit. There is plenty of bigot money in the US and she's decided to cash in on it.

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2015, 4:44 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Why can't someone else just do it? Arresting her is ridiculous and makes her a martyr, just go over her head and forget about it. They want to make this a spectacle.

Going to jail was her choice. They wanted to let her go as long as she let the deputy clerks handle the marriage licenses but she refused, because her name would still be on the documents. She was found in contempt of court.
I bet she allowed adulterers to get married...

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2015, 5:01 pm

Grebels wrote:
The prophets were sent to prison or killed for speaking out. Jeremiah went to Eygpt with the others. Daniel and his friends were rescued.

Kim davis swore an oath to perform the duties of her office, and has broken that oath.

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2015, 5:26 pm

I keep seeing people defending her, saying she's a martyr, but she could have stepped down. No one was forcing her to bend to their evil will or anything.

Romans 13:1-7 wrote:
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

1Peter 2:13-17 wrote:
13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, 14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15 For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. 16 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. 17 Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.

Numbers 30:2 wrote:
2 When a man makes a vow to the Lord or takes an oath to obligate himself by a pledge, he must not break his word but must do everything he said.

James 5:12 wrote:
12 Above all, my brothers and sisters, do not swear—not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. All you need to say is a simple “Yes” or “No.” Otherwise you will be condemned.

Matthew 5:33-37 wrote:
33 “Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.’ 34 But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36 Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black. 37 But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

Of course, for some reason, they still have arguments to these verses and I have no idea why. It's like they want to feel persecuted.