Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 6:42 am

I thought a "set" was doing that exercise (3,4, insert number of sets then rest) but this sheet talks about doing each move = 1 set? There are 6 exercises there they look strenuous. I know I can't do the plank push up due to a bad knee so I'll try to work around my limits and what I feel I can do. I also know if there's pain then you aren't doing it right soreness YES pain NO! I've read that type of research.

So what is a set? all 6 of those exercises in a row? I found the instructions there confusing. Thanks. I looked around that site and found a super sayain workout and other fictional characters! COOL! instead of watching or playing them get yourself into shape like them sounds AWESOME! Instead of being lazy.

:-)

http://darebee.com/workouts/solid-snake-workout.html

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 7:42 am

A set is when you do an exercise for a set number of reps. A rep is doing the complete movement of the exercise once. If I did 2 sets of curls for 8 reps, that would mean I did curls 8 times, rested and did curls again 8 more times. Rest anywhere from 2-4 minutes in between sets, 5 minutes on really heavy movements like deadlifts; no more then 5 minutes max.