Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2015, 8:20 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Priests have been giving absolution for abortion. Sorry, but they have.

Now, there's an interesting question. Not to make angels dance on the head of a pin, but if a priest absolves someone for abortion some time ago but he was in error and neither party ever knows any different, was it really absolved? Does the sinner get to heaven and find out they *could* have made up for it if only they'd taken advantage of the Vatican's Year of Changed Rules?

Don't try and make any sense out of it...
Religion has been designed for those who desire emotional rather than intellectual satisfaction...
(N.B. Implicit in my statement is the recognition that each individual is entitled to there own belief system.)

The catholic philosophy in particular leaks like a sieve on a rational level...
Logical minds which value reason move on... 8)

I was brought up as a catholic...
Ex-catholics make the bestest atheists, so they say... :mrgreen:

slave
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2015, 8:41 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Do you forgive or not?

I forgive pathetic catholics for trying to impose guilt on innocent women.

Good answer.

Catholics impose guilt on everybody for everything. Ethnic Catholic is even worse. You can spot a Catholic when they bump into a wall and say "I'm sorry" or if you knock something out of their hand and they say "I'm sorry" or if you drop something and they say "I'm sorry". LOL, it's true.

It doesn't usually bother us though. I'm Druid now, but Catholic on paper and will always be. My kids are Athiests or Agnostics but Catholic on paper and will always be. They still cross themselves when something bad happens and the church is the first place they think of for funerals and weddings and my athiest son got his baby baptized Catholic. So, there ya go.

It really doesn't bother us. We don't think about it much. We know that if we do something really bad, we can go to confession and then feel better. I haven't been in about 12 years though.

I am stunned to hear that you remain a Catholic whilst not believing in it 8O 8O 8O
I viewed you as having a lot of integrity.
This makes me question my attitude toward you.