Do many Aspies think there are superior to NTs?

Page 1 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Zhomper
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Apr 2007, 8:25 am

I get the idea that this is the case from this place.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 8:31 am

I don't.

I kinda feel that way, too. Especially after that "Are aspies more intelligent" thread. I mean FFS.. sure aspies are smart, but does that mean the rest of the world is stupid? Over 20 people voted "yes" in that poll, god this place is full of uppity dickheads.

My sister is an NT and she reads probably 10 or 20 times as much as half the spammers here.

Benway
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Apr 2007, 8:41 am

Reading people pontificate about their own brilliance, even truly brilliant people, is invariably cringeworthy.

EarthCalling
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 8:42 am

I don’t think so. There have been a lot of threads about how IQ is an academic measurement, and not indicative of intelligence. Is the doctor who smokes 3 packs a day intelligent? Is the PHD whose marriage and family are in tatters Intelligent? Was Mozart, with all his money management troubles, intelligent?

You can have high intelligence, with severe or mild autism. You can have low intelligence, with severe or mild autism. They are separate, not necessarily linked.

There have been several threads that state that Aspies don’t need to have an IQ in the 140’s. Anything in the normal ranges can help identify them with Asperger's.

LFA is generally associated with an IQ below 70. HFA with an IQ over 70. AS is similar to the HFA range. I don’t think an actual “number” has been applied. But you an have an IQ of 90 or 100, or 120 (or more), and have either HFA or AS. The biggest distinction between the two, is when you developed language, not IQ.

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 8:44 am

I'm a person, i'm not an aspie or nt.

Ikari_Gendo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Apr 2007, 8:46 am

Superior is a fairly meaningless term.

Is beef superior to carrots?

Are reptiles superior to fish?

Is basalt superior to marble?

Things that are different do not exist in an objective arbitrary hierarchy. Aspies are generally superior at raw logic and memorizing data, but inferior at processing emotion and teamwork.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 8:53 am

Well, right now I wish I was a NT. But usually, I'm happy with my AS, and I DO feel superior to some NTs, but only because I've met some of them and they weren't good people. There are good NTs and bad NTs, like there are good Aspies and bad Aspies. And I don't care if I get s**t from anyone, it's true. Just because someone has AS doesn't automatically make them good.

Last edited by Starbuline on 03 Apr 2007, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sapphires
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Apr 2007, 9:03 am

I don't think I'm any smarter than them. Even though I may have a higher IQ, my lack of EQ points kind of evens it out.
Sometimes I wish I was NT though.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 9:06 am

hale_bopp wrote:
I don't.

I kinda feel that way, too. Especially after that "Are aspies more intelligent" thread. I mean FFS.. sure aspies are smart, but does that mean the rest of the world is stupid? Over 20 people voted "yes" in that poll, god this place is full of uppity dickheads.

My sister is an NT and she reads probably 10 or 20 times as much as half the spammers here.

I completely agree! I also think that people are giving themselves false superiority to feel better about themselves. If you ask me, I think it's stupid and completely pointless. Half the time (maybe more than that), I get really annoyed by these threads. And typically, I'm treated better by NTs than people with disabilities (like ADHD), too. And people saying they should all drop dead? That is the most ret*d thing I've ever read.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 9:11 am

Lightning88 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
I don't.

I completely agree! I also think that people are giving themselves false superiority to feel better about themselves. If you ask me, I think it's stupid and completely pointless. Half the time (maybe more than that), I get really annoyed by these threads. And typically, I'm treated better by NTs than people with disabilities (like ADHD), too. And people saying they should all drop dead? That is the most ret*d thing I've ever read.

To be honest, i'm glad I see eye to eye with someone. I don't think i'm superior to anyone except idiot spammers and unemployed and rough people that hurl abuse at normal people for no reason.

People say i'm a b***h.. yet they pass up comments like "all NT's should drop dead". To me that's pretty crappy. Some of you really need to sort out your priorities. I'm a fair woman.

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 9:17 am

No.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 9:22 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
I don't.

To be honest, i'm glad I see eye to eye with someone. I don't think i'm superior to anyone except idiot spammers and unemployed and rough people that hurl abuse at normal people for no reason.

People say i'm a b***h.. yet they pass up comments like "all NT's should drop dead". To me that's pretty crappy. Some of you really need to sort out your priorities. I'm a fair woman.

Yep, I still completely agree! I'm just getting so sick of all these "NT hating" threads. I mean, come on people! We're people, they're people, so just get over it! And the false sense of superiority isn't going to help anyone, even if you think it is.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 9:23 am

I am so great at being me it is all I do. It is true I can barely get my great set of skills to produce anything.

I have no way of judging others, my IQ is high in a very limited range, and only fair in other places.

With zero musical talent I am unable to tell sound, from noise, from music.

Since I do not understand most people, or they me, and I will forget what they look like quickly,

I have no idea what I could judge myself against.

It is the fable of the tortise and the hare, they race, the tortise plods along, the hare bounds, stops to eat, visits other hares, then hurries to the finish to see the tortise crossing the line.

Persistance and consistancy often pay better than talent and intelligence. But they did reach the finish at almost the same time.

I would give those aspie wabbits credit for some high jumps, talents, but overall, they lack consistant performance.

I have looked at my other options, I do not have any.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 9:23 am

Lightning88 wrote:
That is the most ret*d thing I've ever read.

Could you please use another word other than ret*d? Just like we didn't choose to have AS, people didn't choose to be mentally ret*d. It shouldn't be used like that. :)

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 9:26 am

Starbuline wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
That is the most ret*d thing I've ever read.

Could you please use another word other than ret*d? Just like we didn't choose to have AS, people didn't choose to be mentally ret*d. It shouldn't be used like that. :)

Sorry, I'm just used to using it! Okay, how about this: That is the most stupid thing I've ever read. ;)

Oddish

03 Apr 2007, 9:27 am

I think it is ridiculous to think that you're better than someone else because you have something that you can't help. It's okay to have pride in who you are; it is absolutely NOT okay to think it makes you better than someone else.