Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2015, 8:30 am

I stumbled across an article about this interview. The media's take on the interview? "Steve Jobs had nothing to do with the design of the Apple I and Apple II computers!" Duh. That's what they take from about 30 minutes of Steve's interview, and it amounted to about 3 minutes (?).

Part 1 of Steve Wozniak Interview

Parts 2 and 3 are linked to it.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2015, 10:06 pm

Woz was/is an engineer's engineer. His work is so aesthetic. Not to long ago we went to the Computer Museum and saw an early Apple m'board. Everything was so nicely lined up, all chips were oriented the same way, yet the traces were minimal. Beautiful.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2015, 6:00 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
Woz was/is an engineer's engineer. His work is so aesthetic. Not to long ago we went to the Computer Museum and saw an early Apple m'board. Everything was so nicely lined up, all chips were oriented the same way, yet the traces were minimal. Beautiful.

That is so cool. Where was the Computer Museum located? I don't travel much, one never knows.
After I posted the thread about this interview, I listened to YouTube videos of him being interviewed and giving talks. It was very enjoyable.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2015, 10:56 pm

pcgoblin wrote:
Edenthiel wrote:

That is so cool. Where was the Computer Museum located? I don't travel much, one never knows.
After I posted the thread about this interview, I listened to YouTube videos of him being interviewed and giving talks. It was very enjoyable.

It is in Mountain View, CA. Just down the street from Google & FB. Last time we went, as we walked in there was a two story banner touting Lynn Conway's accomplishments and her designation as a museum fellow. I had a blast walking my daughter around and watching her get a sense of history for something she loves.
www.computerhistory.org/