Aspie guys what do girls do wrong?

Page 2 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,797
Location: Boulder CO

04 Sep 2015, 11:10 pm

SilverStar wrote:
Men are usually more logical and direct, and women are usually more emotional and indirect. Contrary to popular belief, I believe neither sex is more "intellegent" than the other, it's just that we communicate differently, and have different strengths and weaknesses.


I'm fortunate enough to know some EXTREMELY smart girls. Despite the inexorable differences, I second the parity in intelligence; society would've dissapeared long ago if not for great minds thinking alike. I think we share more styles of communication than we realize, writing, art, music, engineering and science all exemplify this for me. I'd be a hell of a lot lonelier if not for women in arts and tech. I say art first because there's little if any therapeutic potential in art forms controlled by the highest bidders. Some of us just want to hang out and create something. Really, anything.


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


Last edited by cberg on 04 Sep 2015, 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,017
Location: Kansas

04 Sep 2015, 11:11 pm

SilverStar wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
SilverStar wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Omg. #3 happened at work recently. A coworker just got married and when she came back to work she had cut her hair real short saying "I'm married now so now I don't have to worry about it." Huh.

#6 8O This just can't be true! Tell me it isn't so!

#14 Aren't you an "ex" Mr. S? :D

#24 This surely can't be true. :roll:



3. Damn women with their bait-and-switch tricks. :D I prefer long hair on most women, but there are some that look good with shorter (not a buzz cut) hair.

6. I'm sorry, but it's true. :D

14. Yes.

24. We can tell the difference ya know...well, most of us anyways. :)


#14. Does that qualify you for the "Idiot" category then, Mr. S?


Yes, I got what you "implied". hahahhaha


I wouldn't worry about it, Mr. S. I'm sure there's a time limit for Idiocy - something like bankruptcy maybe? 7 yrs you think?


_________________
Me grumpy?
I'm happiness challenged.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.


SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,058
Location: Ohio, USA

04 Sep 2015, 11:19 pm

nurseangela wrote:
SilverStar wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
SilverStar wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Omg. #3 happened at work recently. A coworker just got married and when she came back to work she had cut her hair real short saying "I'm married now so now I don't have to worry about it." Huh.

#6 8O This just can't be true! Tell me it isn't so!

#14 Aren't you an "ex" Mr. S? :D

#24 This surely can't be true. :roll:



3. Damn women with their bait-and-switch tricks. :D I prefer long hair on most women, but there are some that look good with shorter (not a buzz cut) hair.

6. I'm sorry, but it's true. :D

14. Yes.

24. We can tell the difference ya know...well, most of us anyways. :)


#14. Does that qualify you for the "Idiot" category then, Mr. S?


Yes, I got what you "implied". hahahhaha


I wouldn't worry about it, Mr. S. I'm sure there's a time limit for Idiocy - something like bankruptcy maybe? 7 yrs you think?


Are you gonna take all of my money and run?



cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,797
Location: Boulder CO

04 Sep 2015, 11:25 pm

Idiocy is absolved as long as we keep in mind that it's OK to feel stupid for the greater good.

Moral bankruptcy is on a 7 year cycle. Mind you, this doesn't matter because 7 years is enough time to solidify an objective opinion.


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,017
Location: Kansas

04 Sep 2015, 11:26 pm

SilverStar wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
SilverStar wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
SilverStar wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Omg. #3 happened at work recently. A coworker just got married and when she came back to work she had cut her hair real short saying "I'm married now so now I don't have to worry about it." Huh.

#6 8O This just can't be true! Tell me it isn't so!

#14 Aren't you an "ex" Mr. S? :D

#24 This surely can't be true. :roll:



3. Damn women with their bait-and-switch tricks. :D I prefer long hair on most women, but there are some that look good with shorter (not a buzz cut) hair.

6. I'm sorry, but it's true. :D

14. Yes.

24. We can tell the difference ya know...well, most of us anyways. :)


#14. Does that qualify you for the "Idiot" category then, Mr. S?


Yes, I got what you "implied". hahahhaha


I wouldn't worry about it, Mr. S. I'm sure there's a time limit for Idiocy - something like bankruptcy maybe? 7 yrs you think?


Are you gonna take all of my money and run?


Why, Mr. S! I have no idea what you're talking about. Uh hem. Why? Do you have any money?


_________________
Me grumpy?
I'm happiness challenged.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.


SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,058
Location: Ohio, USA

04 Sep 2015, 11:29 pm

cberg wrote:
Idiocy is absolved as long as we keep in mind that it's OK to feel stupid for the greater good.

Moral bankruptcy is on a 7 year cycle. Mind you, this doesn't matter because 7 years is enough time to solidify an objective opinion.



What are you talking about?



SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,058
Location: Ohio, USA

04 Sep 2015, 11:33 pm

nurseangela wrote:
SilverStar wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
SilverStar wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
SilverStar wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Omg. #3 happened at work recently. A coworker just got married and when she came back to work she had cut her hair real short saying "I'm married now so now I don't have to worry about it." Huh.

#6 8O This just can't be true! Tell me it isn't so!

#14 Aren't you an "ex" Mr. S? :D

#24 This surely can't be true. :roll:



3. Damn women with their bait-and-switch tricks. :D I prefer long hair on most women, but there are some that look good with shorter (not a buzz cut) hair.

6. I'm sorry, but it's true. :D

14. Yes.

24. We can tell the difference ya know...well, most of us anyways. :)


#14. Does that qualify you for the "Idiot" category then, Mr. S?


Yes, I got what you "implied". hahahhaha


I wouldn't worry about it, Mr. S. I'm sure there's a time limit for Idiocy - something like bankruptcy maybe? 7 yrs you think?


Are you gonna take all of my money and run?


Why, Mr. S! I have no idea what you're talking about. Uh hem. Why? Do you have any money?


What are youuuu talking about??? Not this moral bankrupcy stuff like cberg? Wouldn't you like to know ;)



nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,017
Location: Kansas

04 Sep 2015, 11:40 pm

SilverStar wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
SilverStar wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
SilverStar wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
SilverStar wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Omg. #3 happened at work recently. A coworker just got married and when she came back to work she had cut her hair real short saying "I'm married now so now I don't have to worry about it." Huh.

#6 8O This just can't be true! Tell me it isn't so!

#14 Aren't you an "ex" Mr. S? :D

#24 This surely can't be true. :roll:



3. Damn women with their bait-and-switch tricks. :D I prefer long hair on most women, but there are some that look good with shorter (not a buzz cut) hair.

6. I'm sorry, but it's true. :D

14. Yes.

24. We can tell the difference ya know...well, most of us anyways. :)


#14. Does that qualify you for the "Idiot" category then, Mr. S?


Yes, I got what you "implied". hahahhaha


I wouldn't worry about it, Mr. S. I'm sure there's a time limit for Idiocy - something like bankruptcy maybe? 7 yrs you think?


Are you gonna take all of my money and run?


Why, Mr. S! I have no idea what you're talking about. Uh hem. Why? Do you have any money?


What are youuuu talking about??? Not this moral bankrupcy stuff like cberg? Wouldn't you like to know ;)


Just thought I'd ask. After all, I'm known as a gold digger around these parts. :D
I'm with you - no idea what Cberg is talking about, but I thought it was because I was NT and it went over my head which happens sometimes.
Hitting the hay. Nice talking to you Mr. S. Have a goodnight.


_________________
Me grumpy?
I'm happiness challenged.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.


Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Sep 2014
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,915
Location: Anzio, Italy

04 Sep 2015, 11:42 pm

SilverStar wrote:
22. Foreign films are for foreigners.

This one is quite silly. 8O
wilburforce wrote:
Why? It's twaddle. Oscar Wilde was gay, so are we really going to go to him for ideas on how women are in relationships and how to treat them?

cberg wrote:
I disagree with Oscar Wilde as well, that's a false bifurcation, love and understanding are inseparable.

Why doesn't anybody understand what a quote is? You need to put it in the bloody context! It's some character of a story who says it. If I write a story about a robot who kills children, it doesn't mean that I want to kill children.



Moccu
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 4 Sep 2015
Posts: 182
Location: Ontario

04 Sep 2015, 11:45 pm

1-46, 10/10 truth.


_________________
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 29 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 193 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical


cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,797
Location: Boulder CO

04 Sep 2015, 11:48 pm

But if I write that people were made for anything in particular, am I not just pidgeonholing them as if I know none of their other traits? It's vapid and you could all just read the context here and check my vernacular on Wiktionary.


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Sep 2014
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,915
Location: Anzio, Italy

05 Sep 2015, 12:17 am

cberg wrote:
But if I write that people were made for anything in particular, am I not just pidgeonholing them as if I know none of their other traits? It's vapid and you could all just read the context here and check my vernacular on Wiktionary.

Are you answering to me? I don't understand what you mean, sorry.



cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,797
Location: Boulder CO

05 Sep 2015, 12:20 am

Are you making any effort to paste anything I type into any search box? If not, I'm sorry to inform you you're under-utilizing the surrogate brains we call electronics.


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Sep 2014
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,915
Location: Anzio, Italy

05 Sep 2015, 12:30 am

cberg wrote:
Are you making any effort to paste anything I type into any search box? If not, I'm sorry to inform you you're under-utilizing the surrogate brains we call electronics.

No I didn't really undertand what I am supposed to search, nor what you meant with your comment. Sorry maybe it's the language barrier.



cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,797
Location: Boulder CO

05 Sep 2015, 12:43 am

I can interpret Italian decently. Writing and speakng not so much...


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,893

05 Sep 2015, 1:31 am

SilverStar wrote:
This little tidbit from the web pretty much sums it up :D :


1. If you think you are fat, you probably are. Do not ask us. We refuse to answer.
2. Learn to work the toilet seat. If it's up, put it down.
3. Do not cut your hair. Ever. Long hair is always more attractive than short hair. One of the big reasons guys fear getting married is that married women always cut their hair, and by then, you are stuck with her.
4. Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not quests to see if we can find the perfect gift yet again!
5. If you ask a question you don't want the answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.
6. Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it.
7. Do not ask us what we are thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.
8. Sunday=Sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.
9. Shopping is not a sport, and no, we are never going to think of it that way.10. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.
11. You have enough clothes.
12. You have too many shoes.
13. Crying is blackmail.
14. Your ex-boyfriend is an idiot.
15. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work. Strong hints do not work. Obvious hints do not work. Just say it!
16. No we do not know what day it is. We never will. Mark anniversaries on a calendar.
17. Yes, peeing standing up is harder. We are bound to miss sometimes.
18. Most guys own three pairs of shoes. What makes you think we'd be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress.
19. Yes and no are perfectly good answers to almost every question.
20. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That is what we do. Sympathy is what girlfriends are for.
21. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. Go see a doctor.
22. Foreign films are for foreigners.
23. Check your oil.
24. Do not fake it. We would rather be ineffective than deceived.
25. It is neither in your best interest nor ours to take the quiz together.
26. No, it does not matter which quiz.
27. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. All comments become null and void after 7 days.
28. If you won't dress up like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.
29. If something we said can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you angry or sad, we meant the other.
30. Let us ogle. We are going to look anyway. It is genetic.
31. Don't rub the lamp if you don't want the genie to come out.
32. You can either ask us to do something OR tell us how you want it done, not both.
33. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during the commercials.
34. Christopher Columbus did not need directions, neither do we.
35. Women wearing Wonderbras and low-cut blouses lose their right to complain about having their boobs stared at.
36. More women should were Wonderbras and low-cut blouses. We like staring at boobs.
37. The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out.
38. ALL men see only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach is a fruit, not a color.
39. Pumpkin is also a fruit.
40. If it itches, it will be scratched.
41. Beer is as exciting for us as handbags are for you.
42. If it is OUR house, I do not understand why MY stuff gets thrown in the closet/attic/basement.
43. We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.
44. If we ask what is wrong and you say, "Nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
45. If we hear from an old girlfriend, we will briefly fantasize about having sex with her. But do not worry; the fantasy includes you AND her together.
46. What the hell is a doily?


I don't relate to most of that, either. I do understand, however, that this probably disqualifies me more than it does the list. To me, it basically reads, "I own the house, I am the sole breadwinner, and we're married, so I don't give a s**t whether you're comfortable in our relationship, because you can't do anything about it". Probably the fact that a particular man can afford that attitude is attractive because it shows his high status. I definitely can't afford it, and I'd really want to be with a woman who freely chose to share her life with me because she truly liked me. I know it won't happen, though, because first I'd need to have something to offer, and, if I did, I'd probably be able to afford to be a sexist jerk.


_________________
The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.