Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

sanlucas
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Sep 2015, 5:32 pm

Hi Folks!
I didn't know I had Asperger`s till a couple of years ago. After the lady I thought was the love of my live dumped me and humiliated me I was deeply depressed! When I recovered the clown/jokester was gone! I am not depressed nor am I repressing anything, I just feel my age (48) I have fun like I used to not just a need to be the class clown so to speak, anyone experienced something similar?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2015, 5:39 pm

I'm 54, and still a Court Jester :jester:

I've matured in other ways, though.

sanlucas
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Sep 2015, 5:52 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm 54, and still a Court Jester :jester:

I've matured in other ways, though.

That`s cool, thanks for your imput!

jedicounsellor
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Dec 2017, 3:57 am

Hey guys,

I've just come out of a dark phase of my life and am finding ways to have fun all the time. I recently got back into gaming as a way to pass time while there's nothing else to do, and I've been writing again. Something I couldn't do for some time as I was in jail for 4 and a half months and honestly couldn't get used to pen and paper, so I would write letters instead.

Life on the outside has taken me some adjusting. I pace a lot in confined spaces because of the conditions of prison and where walking outdoors was permitted, the area was a short distance in any given direction. I also like to have background music playing non-stop throughout the days as that's what I had inside.

I was never all that into music but enjoyed hiphop and the occasional techno (besides the classics in rock, and such). This was because I was never able to comprehend lyrics being sung in music. It's a shame because of the songs I like that I can understand what's being said, I find their messages can be compelling. So in a way, my time inside developed an interest in music for me. And my new found freedom has proven overwhelming in such ways like I'm able to choose what exactly I want to listen to for a change.

I've also grown from being in jail. Sometimes I would feel I was growing up too quickly, that it was physically aging me. Other times I felt high as a kite on happiness as I would get the opportunity to be among people I got along with in there. That, and the prison ciggies carried toxins when used improperly, as must happen in there now due to smoking being banned in all Australian Prisons and Hospitals.