Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2015, 11:10 pm

Societal norms suggest that sexism against men is ok.

It's some kind of "two wrongs make a right" logic, but that's where things sit at the moment. At least in the USA.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2015, 11:13 pm

nurseangela wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
All men are bad and only women are good, all men are scum!

Are you drunk? Dude, get a hold of yourself and come back down to earth to join the rest of us.
Yeah im drunk and a little stoned and am quoting what rad fem tumblrnazitards say! Just venting because I am sick of my gender being generalized in a negative way because of a buncha sexist idiots!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2015, 11:14 pm

Raptor wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
What is the reason behind this thread?

Image ing
Yay!! Weee!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2015, 11:28 pm

Actually I think feminism brought about a bunch of problems and things went downhill from there. I was looking up sexism against men and the only thing I was seeing that wasn't fair was custody of children after divorce. I know men don't like the alimony thing, but I'm finding that the nurses I work with are the ones now paying alimony to the husband because they make more. What other sexist issues against men are you speaking of?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2015, 11:42 pm

feminism allowed me to become a doctor. that's not a bad thing. my husband is a feminist. we both have responsibilities outside the home, so we split the chores. that's also a good thing. i kept my maiden name when i got married because my dad had all girls and i wanted to carry on his name. also a good thing that came from feminism. along with promoting having half the human race contribute fully to society.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2015, 11:53 pm

cathylynn wrote:
feminism allowed me to become a doctor. that's not a bad thing. my husband is a feminist. we both have responsibilities outside the home, so we split the chores. that's also a good thing. i kept my maiden name when i got married because my dad had all girls and i wanted to carry on his name. also a good thing that came from feminism. along with promoting having half the human race contribute fully to society.

You do have a point there about the job thing, cathylynn. I think it might have broken up the family unit though with women wanting to work outside the home so I think there is both good and bad to it in a way. I loved that my Ma was a stay at home Ma. And isn't it true that women still don't get paid the same as men in the work environment?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2015, 12:00 am

nurseangela wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

You do have a point there about the job thing, cathylynn. I think it might have broken up the family unit though with women wanting to work outside the home so I think there is both good and bad to it in a way. I loved that my Ma was a stay at home Ma. And isn't it true that women still don't get paid the same as men in the work environment?

a study showed that well-adjusted children have parents that spend an hour a face-to-face time with them per day. working moms can do this just as well as stay-at-home moms. women who work outside the home tend to have higher self-esteem and be good role models for their children: girls more likely to get educated, boys more likely to help with chores. yes, there is a gender-base pay gap. shows that feminism is still needed.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2015, 12:08 am

cathylynn wrote:

That's all good.

Pro-female and anti-male stances are neither mutually joined nor mutually exclusive.

Some number of feminists embrace both, some only the first.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2015, 9:55 am

This topic is pointless; therefore, locked.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)