does anyone feel like a disappointment?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CDFA
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Sep 2015, 11:02 am

I'd say, you dont necessarily have to do or listen to every single thing your parents tell you. Many parents, especially in modern days, expect their children to reach a certain height in their lives, or "study hard, get far, get a super professional job and make a lot of money" etc., with a lack of respect towards the child's own dreams and ambitions in life. You are never a disappointment until every single thing you do in life fails. Count all the things you do in life, even things as trivial as taking the trash out or going to a supermarket, and ask yourself "do I fail or disappoint in anything I do?". If the answer is no, then you have all the hope and the potential you need to be a big accomplishment in this life. You dont have to argue with your family about it either, just say what you feel and worry about your own ambitions in life, and go where you want to go. Unless they literally tie you down, they cant stop you. :)

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2015, 11:04 am

Thankfully,my parents are non-conformists, so I was never forced to 'Be like everyone else'. Maybe you should look at yourself and find your own strengths, and then build your life around them. By being different, we have opportunities to make unique contributions to the world and we should do so.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2015, 2:12 pm

When you are 25 years old, unemployed and still living at home with your mother it's impossible not to feel like a disappointment.