Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2015, 9:33 pm

We all know of places like Pumapunku existed and how knowledge is handed down from one generation to the next via experts willing to share what they know but do you ever wonder, who was the first one? Where did it come from? It had to start somewhere. Did it start with a fluke in a population who just happened to be a great genius by pure accident, a completely random event that led to great advances in their civilization which they were able to pass down from generation to the next after the initial person doing the thinking thought it all up?

Or, was it shown to early humans by otherworldly beings?

Grebels
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2015, 4:20 am

This guy turns up everywhere.

Hey Ban-Dodger where are you?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Pumap ... WG3I_LM%3A

Place like Easter Island are a big mystery. How could these people make those alignments?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2015, 4:29 am

No & yes. One likely, rather more easily postulated narrative suggests that the enzymatic & genetic precursors of life smacked into young Mother Earth like a dirty snowball. The catalysts for language & spatial thought were likely hallucinogenic in various ways.

Sincerely,
A misplaced Neanderthal

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Grebels
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2015, 5:09 am

My particular interest is creativity and genius in art. We see these eureka moments happening in the Renaissance period. It is true that for a good part they built on existing knowledge, but this seemed the inspire completely new thinking as well. Circumstances move the mojo. The ability to draw in perspective was a real breakthrough.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2015, 6:54 am

I had a boss in a digital arts gig who had no clue about Brunileschi :(

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Grebels
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2015, 7:59 am

No doubt, I learnt about perspective long before I heard about Brunileschi. Maybe my teachers heard about him, or was it their teachers.

There are plenty of people wanting to debunk the uniqueness Puma Punku, but there are two many ancient site which defy explanation. Not only that draw a horizontal line through The Giza Great Pyramid around the globe at exactly that latitude and find out how many ancient sites you come across at exactly that latitude. You could find an amazing relationship between other ancient sites from the USA to China, but I don't feel inclined to go into that. I'd never heard of Puma Punku so have to thank Ana for that.

But let's not get away from away from Ana's point. Who came before the giants with strong shoulders?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2015, 1:07 pm

[quote="Grebels"] draw a horizontal line through The Giza Great Pyramid around the globe at exactly that latitude and find out how many ancient sites you come across at exactly that latitude. You could find an amazing relationship between other ancient sites from the USA to China, but I don't feel inclined to go into that.
quote]

Sorry.

You're gonna have to elaborate on this because it sounds like nonsense!

The Great Pyramids at Giza are just a hair south of the 30th parallel north.

The 30th runs along the US Gulf Coast, cuts through south central Texas, and then plunges into Mexico's Sonora Desert. I don't know of any famous pre Columbian Indian sites along that line. Many are hundreds of miles north of it, and many others are hundreds of miles to the south. But none are on that line that I have ever heard of.

In the Old World the 30th Meridian does cut through south central Iraq (Mesopotamia), and coincides (more or less) with the course of the Yangtse River in China. So there could well be ancient ruins in those two places. But that's because both regions had ancient civilizations that left lotsa remains.

So the New World had no ancient monuments on that line, and any you would find in the Old World were located there just by coincidence.

Grebels
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2015, 2:56 pm

Two alignments on that line 29.59 degrees could be a coincidence, at least couldn't be reckoned as much. Three gets more interesting, but four much more so. Im old and this is from long ago and I don't have a map with latitude. Begin at Mt. Puhuo on the is, east Zhejiang. It is an important ancient Chinese site. Leshan is another very important site. Try the latitude of Lhasa for me. I think there are other ancient sites on that line, but please forgive my memory. You can draw that line west to New Orleans. I think Poverty Point is a bit above that, but probably signiificant.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 12:36 am

Poverty Point is one mound builder site, shell mounds were placed along the inland passage, through the lakes north of the city, and on the coast east of New Orleans.

About as large as a city block, forty foot high, flat topped. As everything here is flat, mounds were in line of sight.

Fire and smoke signals could be relayed hundreds of miles quickly.

Where the Continental Divide passed through southern New Mexico was an early adobe city, Casa Grande, who were master potters, artists, and had huge irrigated fields.

Follow the line west, to the Sea of Cortez, Topolobampo is where there is a large cemetery where the skulls are elongated. Some say head binding, like the Flathead Tribe, but the faces are not deformed, there is just a lot more skull going up and back. This also shows up with the Inca, and paintings in Egypt. 10,000 years ago in South Africa, the same elongated skulls, and the only measure I have found, that says compared with us, 50% more brain. On that they estimated an IQ of 150.

The Five Civilized Tribes of the Southeast were village farmers, built extended road networks, and a White Woman was the leader of each group. The people of the sea came, and brought the arts of civilization.

Mobile was a major port, before Columbus, and it was called Mobile. Mobile is likely derived from the early name, which M'Baal would mean Sons of Baal.

Europe lacks copper deposits of size. Nothing accounts for the amount of Bronze that produced the Bronze Age.

At the headwaters of the Mississippi near the Great Lakes was a huge copper deposit, native copper, copper as metal, that had been mined since forever. Long ago and for thousands of years, timber supported tunnels after the surface was worked out, and the local people, Sioux and Ojibwa, share an X Chromosome with Norway. The were also said to be the most perfect in form of all Americans. Last common ancestor, 10,000 years ago.

On the other end, the people of Wales have a lot of Native America DNA. Wales is also the big Tin deposit, and Galena, Lead Sulphide cubic crystals are found on the coast of Spain.

The Greeks said only the Atlantians knew the secret of Oracalium. It combines their words for gold and copper.

Golden copper is Brass. Add a bit of lead, Bronze.

This matches the supply, the materials, and the time of the Bronze Age. It starts before that because cave paintings at Tasilli in Algeria show people from 15,000 years ago wearing woven robes, and with a head band, metal, with the rising Cobra.

In the Long Barrows of England, built with huge stones during the Cyclopean Age, when constructions made of huge and often finely joined stones appear, at some time they were used for graves, and in the grave goods, objects of Jade. Jade is not native to Europe, there is a large deposit along the river that divides Honduras and Guatemala. Other than that, China. Great Lakes Copper is found as trade goods in Central America, and Egyptian mummies are embalmed with Tobacco and Cocaine. There are also traces of the extract of a willow bark, now called Aspirin.

Clovis Points found in America look just like the stone work of Southern France, and show up in America from the east coast about 13,000 years ago. They came at the end of the ice age, and had the misfortune to run into the Lesser Dryas Period, which was a worldwide dry wind and dust storm with lots of lightning. It lasted about 1500 years.

Clovis New Mexico is just north of Casa Grande Mexico. The trail of Clovis points reaches from the upper east coast to middle America, then the style is continued by the Maya.

From this time or earlier in the Andes, at Lake Titicaca, Vera Cocha built a city of huge and precisely machined stones, some weighing over twenty tons, and transported them sixteen miles from the quarry across the lake. Everything was prefab, and it all was an exact fit.

Story is, the short robes ran out the long robes. Children wear short robes. Vera Cocha, Vera of the Ocean, left, and walked over the ocean to the east to the rising sun. He was said to have red hair and green eyes.

15,500 years ago The Gods came from the west, the Egyptians told Solon, who told his nephew Plato. They were lead by Ra, The Sun God. Their emblems were the rising Cobra and the Vulture. The Vulture motif is all over the city at Titicaca, also the city in Turkey, Catal Huyuk. Some stone work, some art, but mostly the start of buildings made of mud bricks, irrigated farming, and absolute rule by the Gods.

Ra shows up in Egypt before Clovis Points leave France. Vera Cocha's city is dated to be much older. It is pre pottery, hard to date, but by wind blown soil and the relationship with the lake, there seemed to be docks now inland, some date it to the end of the previous ice wave, 30,000 years ago.

Whenever, it is the first houses of mud brick and irrigated farming. Then there are those perfectly machined twenty ton stones that were transported sixteen miles. While it may seem long ago, our own ancestors were domesticating plants and animals 38,000 years ago, and from 35,000 years ago we know of seven weaves of cloth, including herringbone tweed. They carved faces in ivory, and modeled them in clay.

Neanderthal were making huge paintings in caves before we reached Europe.

Somebody built Angkor Wat. Took almost five hundred years to build.

Most of our best history has been covered by rising sea. It will not surface till the next ice age.