Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DestinedToBeAPotato
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: floating on the molecular clouds of interstellar space

08 Sep 2015, 2:32 pm

Yes, very often.
For some reason I am incapable of figuring out the most simple, mundane tasks... I seem to either over complicate things or I just don't use common sense.. Which for some reason, I wasn't blessed with XD.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 2:42 pm

Though I know I am smart, I often feel stupid. I feel stupid when I can't understand how to do something practical or mess up at it, or when people are talking about something I am not knowledgeable about and I don't know what to say.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 2:44 pm

Crazyfool wrote:
I feel stupid when I'm around my dad or brother, they also both have AS, but they are so much more passionate about learning that it blows my mind. Both taught themselves how to build their own computers and install, fix, or even develop programs...etc

I cant absorb information like that and I don't have any special interests to even motivate me to do so but I also do a lot better in social situations so we all struggle in our own ways.

I may be one of the ones that uses complex words and/or sentence structure. That being said, I have severe issues maintaining concentration, all those words and concepts rattle around in my brain and are constantly distracting. That makes me seem pretty stupid off the screen since I am slow to respond to people in real time. You're right, we all have our deficits.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 3:49 pm

It's just the "stupid" culture around us making some of us feel stupid.

I think everyone can be smart if they believe they are.

Diagnosed in 2005