Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 12:53 pm

So, are all coincidences just coincidences or are at least some percentage of them like Romans 8:28 with God making all things work together for the good of those who love Him? I don't know the state of whether Ira there or anyone else loves God or are called according to His purpose, although I really do like DS9 myself and there's very little wrong with it compared to most crap so maybe God likes it too, I don't know, but Trials and Tribble-lations was one of the best episodes and Star Trek used to be one of the best shows on. TNG even survived having its first two seasons absolutely suck worse than the vacuum of space, so maybe it was God's will for it to proceed. I'm not the one to say, so I don't know. But the question I have is, are some coincidences what some call "God's timing" and if so what percentage? Would this be a matter pertaining to sovereignty versus free will? Etc. Discuss.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2015, 12:51 pm

Iamaparakeet wrote:

So, are all coincidences just coincidences or are at least some percentage of them like Romans 8:28 with God making all things work together for the good of those who love Him? I don't know the state of whether Ira there or anyone else loves God or are called according to His purpose, although I really do like DS9 myself and there's very little wrong with it compared to most crap so maybe God likes it too, I don't know, but Trials and Tribble-lations was one of the best episodes and Star Trek used to be one of the best shows on. TNG even survived having its first two seasons absolutely suck worse than the vacuum of space, so maybe it was God's will for it to proceed. I'm not the one to say, so I don't know. But the question I have is, are some coincidences what some call "God's timing" and if so what percentage? Would this be a matter pertaining to sovereignty versus free will? Etc. Discuss.

You say:
"...God making all things work together for the good of those who love Him...."

So by "for the GOOD of those" do you mean cancer? A lot of the faithful get cancer.

I decided long ago I would avoid the question and acceptance of God's great blessing because things just didn't seem fair. The possibility I was just young and didn't yet understand why God would have little children suffer and die was understood and that "God has his own agenda" was understandable but I decided this was and would not ever be MY "agenda."

ST rules (and I don't mean the Shakespearean copy).

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2015, 2:41 pm

ZenDen wrote:
Iamaparakeet wrote:

You say:
"...God making all things work together for the good of those who love Him...."

So by "for the GOOD of those" do you mean cancer? A lot of the faithful get cancer.

I decided long ago I would avoid the question and acceptance of God's great blessing because things just didn't seem fair. The possibility I was just young and didn't yet understand why God would have little children suffer and die was understood and that "God has his own agenda" was understandable but I decided this was and would not ever be MY "agenda."

ST rules (and I don't mean the Shakespearean copy).

I could quote from Job, but I wonder about that too. Yeah, Star Trek is awesome. Most of it anyway.