Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

creativeconsumption
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Sep 2015, 9:19 am

Hello all!
I want to get a job. I feel like it would be a great solution to a couple of issues. I would have more money, and I would meet other people. Having aspergers syndrome there are limitations to what kind of job i could handle, though. I get home from school around three to four, and then have homework, grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning that needs to be done. It would feel right if the little time and energy i have left goes into making extra money. I just dont have any ideas regarding what kind of job would be right for me. Btw im 19 and live in Denmark, and i really appreciate any help/advice i can get :)

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2015, 1:15 pm

I'd suggest looking for something that is easy to get to in terms of transportation--so you don't waste what little energy you have just getting to and from the job.

As for what kind of work is best for Aspies, that depends on the Aspie! I suspect the work environment is just as important as the work that is being done--a supportive boss can make a huge difference in how well you do.

RubyTates
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Sep 2015, 6:27 pm

I'm assuming since you have class and homework that you go to university, correct? If so, see if there are any jobs on campus for you. You could stock shelves at the bookstore or work in the cafeteria. I'm not sure what type of work you could handle or be open to, but that would seem like an ideal solution and you could get out of class right away and head to your job without having to commute.

Best of luck!