Page 96 of 105 [ 1676 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 105  Next

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 1:24 am

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

rottingpetal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2021, 1:33 am

Lately I've been playing American Pie by Don McLean on repeat. I've always been aware of the song but until very recently have I actually heard it entirely. Honestly it's a masterful song, it makes me feel very creative!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 1:36 am

rottingpetal wrote:
Lately I've been playing American Pie by Don McLean on repeat. I've always been aware of the song but until very recently have I actually heard it entirely. Honestly it's a masterful song, it makes me feel very creative!

did you know the backstory of the song?

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2021, 10:30 am

traven
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2021, 1:38 am

jeez how long to load a f-ing page
the short road to the end of internet? my games are gone as well
the email rug was pulled a little back, that was handy too

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 1:13 pm

This is really an awesome cover, I had to go back and listen to it again today.

Sometimes when you know both the original artist and the band covering them and know they're both top talent it's a completely different experience because you can hear how well the covering band grocked the original and made it theirs. This is one of those cases where Fishbone covering Them Bones... lol yep - that's definitely them and they made it sound enough like one of their own tunes that you probably wouldn't realize it was a cover if you weren't already familiar with the Alice In Chains Dirt album (something I grew up on, and then later in high school spent a good year with Fishbone's 'Give A Monkey A Brain').

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 2:27 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
This is really an awesome cover, I had to go back and listen to it again today.

Sometimes when you know both the original artist and the band covering them and know they're both top talent it's a completely different experience because you can hear how well the covering band grocked the original and made it theirs. This is one of those cases where Fishbone covering Them Bones... lol yep - that's definitely them and they made it sound enough like one of their own tunes that you probably wouldn't realize it was a cover if you weren't already familiar with the Alice In Chains Dirt album (something I grew up on, and then later in high school spent a good year with Fishbone's 'Give A Monkey A Brain').

OMG this is amazing!!

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2021, 1:46 am

traven
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2021, 1:56 am

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2021, 8:53 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2021, 10:01 pm

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2021, 11:20 pm

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2021, 11:30 pm

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2021, 1:36 am

petraA
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2021, 1:05 am

I get very lost in this piece by Eriks Essenvalds. I honestly love all his music it just makes my ears happy. I also met the man and he's a lovely person so I'm always happy to see what he creates. For those of you who are performers, do you find listening to songs you have performed particularly theraputic? I think it throws me back in time to the performance and is really wonderful although sometimes jarring to come backto reality to after.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2021, 11:12 pm