Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2015, 4:24 pm

I have always been totally obsessed with weather.

That's because it jerks me around like a rag doll.
Sunny, clear, blue skies, warm (80f/25c)......
HORRIBLE WEATHER!! !! UGH!! !!
A barren wasteland with the evil oppressor high in the sky, longing for the comfort of the shadows all summer.
Summer is the "Season of Sauron".
Inside or outside, the summertime is so horribly oppressive.

Too much light, heat, or dryness will make me miserable, and just suck the life out of me.
I long for the cool, moist days of October.

Optimal: 50-60F(10-15c) damp, overcast, dense fog preferred.

I need to move out to the coast, it's nicer there.

How are the rest of you with weather?
How do you deal with unpleasant conditions so many others rejoice in?

BTW,this thread isn't about meteorology, it's about autistic reactions to weather conditions.

Diagnosed in 2005

Boo Radley
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2015, 11:38 pm

I hate summer as well but it's probably because I live in Texas. We have a lot of days where there's not a cloud in the sky and that really irks me. I much prefer cold and cloudy weather.

I'm freaked out by severe weather (especially high winds). I've never been able to shake that anxiety for some reason. I can't sit still during a thunderstorm.

Optimal day: cloudy, about 55 degrees, light rain, and no wind

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2015, 12:13 am

Currently in a middle of El Niño in September. :lol: But just because I prefer anything warmer, doesn't mean it's what I NEEDED.

My best pick: 82F to 89F(28C to 32C), preferably windy, and no clouds.
Just almost any weather ideal for walking outside all day without bringing an umbrella or more/less clothing (or any equipment for the extremes).
In all seasons except high summer and winter in general... (If I ever encounter winter at all) If not 4 seasons, then I prefer cool-dry seasons.
La Nina in general would do as long as there's no rain or storms/typhoons because seriously! !!

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

KennyIOM
Raven
Raven

21 Sep 2015, 2:45 am

My optimal is 2C - 5C (35.6F - 41F) with dry air and clear skies.

I personally struggle in both hot and humid weather, and for some reason unless the cloud cover is dense enough, overcast weather really hurts my eyes.

Hypnotized
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Sep 2015, 3:31 am

I hate heat. Anything above 20c is too hot for me.
I don't care that much about cold, but what I truly, truly detest is wind. Especially when I'm riding my bike. It literally makes me so frustrated that I turn that frustration into agression, and I'm not an agressive person at all. I've never hit anyone (except for my brother when we were young) and I never get into fights. I let people walk over me so it's really weird to me that something like the weather triggers my agression that much.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2015, 3:34 am

pete1061 wrote:
Optimal: 50-60F(10-15c) damp, overcast, dense fog preferred

I'm completely with you there, though I could budge on the damp and the fog - I don't mind either way. An overcast day with a temperature of 10 (celsius) with a light (cool) breeze is ideal for me. I'm very sensitive to heat - absolutely hate summer, always too hot and you can't do anything about it. I also prefer it to be dull as sunlight is very bright and is annoying.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2015, 6:13 am

26*C, humid, sunny, with slight wind and a cumulonimbus cloud at the horizon(meaning a thunderstorm is coming) is my favorite weather.

I like any weather between 22 and 29*C.

I am fine with 30-40*C as long as I can stay home or have a swimming pool available.

Anything below 20*C is too cold for me unless the day is sunny, windless and very dry.

At 14*C I "freeze" no matter the weather.

At 6*C and high humidity even my wintercoat doesn't help.

However at sunny -6*C and dry, windless air I feel comfortable with my black wintercoat - assuming I can stand in sun and pretend I am a lizard.

At -20*C I would rather be killed than go outside.

But at occasional sunny -35*C I find it interesting to go out. It's no longer cold - it just hurts.
And the air is sparkling:

(it isn't snow - it's frozen fog: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_dust)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2015, 10:13 am

I have touch sensitivities to rain. Love the summer heat and greenery, hate the cold but if is going to be cold might as well snow because it looks great.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2015, 10:32 am

Ugh, yeah, I have alot of trouble with it too, though it's sorta the opposite from the OP.

I cant stand cold weather (or cold anything, really) and as I live in the midwest part of the country (sorta near Chicago), this is.... really not an area I like, I'll put it that way.

I'm much better either down south on the coast (Florida) where it's constantly warm yet the ocean is present, or out in the desert (Arizona) where it's all heat, sand, and rock. Either is my sort of climate.

As it is, entering into the cold time of the year fairly soon here, and.... ugh. Not looking forward to it.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2015, 12:10 pm

I love the weather.

I love the patterns in clouds seen from the ground or the air.

I love the way storms work and find them endlessly fascinating. I like to see the sea surface temperature maps and the jet streams. I enjoy the larger patterns like the multidecadal oscillations. I like to contemplate the great rotating toroidal air systems that ring the equatorial and polar regions and thinking about the way these structures influence local weather.

I like the way the dynamics of the Earth's atmosphere help to understand exotic atmospheres on other planets and moons like Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto and Titan.

Sometimes my interest in weather gets eclipsed by a particularly sharp interest in something else, but then it quickly returns as soon as the other interest is satisfied.

I do not like cold weather. Hot is OK, but must be respected.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2015, 12:19 pm

Somewhere between 10 and 25 Celsius is fine with me. Not really into sun when it's over 20C.

I like it, sometimes, when it's about zero Fahrenheit (minus 18C). Arctic air is the cleanest air.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2015, 4:50 pm

About 16c, max 21c in the summer and I like minus a couple c in the Winter. Worst: Windy, slush and 1-2c.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2015, 5:51 pm

I really do not like the summer, as I have a hard time cooling down. I prefer the fall and winter the most (winter more).

If it was cool weather all year round I'd be pretty happy, plus the minimal chance of thunderstorms would be nice (I'm afraid of them and yes, I do know they can occur at any time of the year)

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2015, 6:10 pm

I've always gravitated *strongly* toward weather that is cool and either wet or windy. Preferably both. Cool coastal fog & breeze is bliss. I can survive above 20 deg C., but the discomfort becomes more and more distracting and agitating. Bright or hot sunlight was not only unbearable and agitating, it triggered migraines (among many other triggers; I averaged one a month). Interestingly, once my endocrinologist indirectly fixed my serotonin regulation, reaction to hot or dry weather (and most other sensory issues) became much more tolerable, much of the time. Sometimes, rarely...even (gasp!) enjoyable. And I've not had a migraine in the last five years.