Mario Maker: Download Digital Version or buy Physical Copy?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Physical or Digital
Physical 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Digital 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

epiccolton26
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2015, 5:35 pm

Since Super Mario Maker is in the process of coming out tomorrow, I want to quickly ask: Should I get a digital copy or a physical copy? I know the physical one comes with all the additional stuff and whatnot, but I'm conflicted between the two and I'd like some input from some of the gamers here on this forum about whether it's better to get the digital or physical copy.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2015, 6:24 pm

The book thing that it comes with, you can still get it if you buy the digital version; you just have to do.... something. Call them, I think? Something like that. There's more details probably on their site or somewhere; Google can help, I"m sure.

I'm grabbing the digital version myself so that A: I dont have to put up with physical discs, and B: I get it the instant it's ready to go instead of having to wait to go to the damn Gamestop.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2015, 7:45 pm

It's down to personal preference whether to go digital or physical.

If you go digital you can call Nintendo and have them ship the artbook if you want it.
It does come bundled with the physical version.

Personally I am going physical and will pick up mine at Gamestop (only because I have a $5 off coupon and I traded in a 3DS game I didn't really want. Don't worry I only took a $5 loss on the game from what i paid for it).
I also plan to pick up an 8-bit classic Mario Amiibo in the morning at Meijer's (I have a $5 off rewards certificate).

I normally go physical for my games, because yeah I don't fully trust digital to be around later (many games have been pulled off of Steam, PSN and XBLA by publishers) which you cannot redownload if you uninstall them).
I also can regularly find game sales to buy physical at discount (which you can do at most Meijer's this weekend if you are an mPerk member).

epiccolton26
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Sep 2015, 2:11 pm

Hmmm. I might just grab the Digital version so I don't have to travel a certain amount of kilometers to a Gamestop or EB Games to get it.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2015, 7:58 pm

epiccolton26 wrote:
Hmmm. I might just grab the Digital version so I don't have to travel a certain amount of kilometers to a Gamestop or EB Games to get it.

You go buy an Amazon card and spend that on Amazon to buy said game on Amazon...