Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Nathaniel75
Raven
Raven

11 Sep 2015, 2:54 am

So, it is time for a very important question. Who would win in a fight - a polar bear or a crocodile, assuming they weighed the same?

b9
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2015, 5:23 am

in the water, a crocodile. on land, a polar bear.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2015, 1:55 pm

I guess the crocodile would win since the polar bears are now all starving to death from the ice caps melting.
That makes me very sad, and anxious about our own future as well. :(

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2015, 2:02 pm

Depends on the terrain. If I were to place a bet I'd put it on the polar bear though.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2015, 4:23 pm

I envision this bout happening in a half water, half dry Astroturf venue.

If it were a shark vs a grizzly bear (there was a novel written about guys trying to do a reality cable show on that very theme) the battle would go to whomever dragged the other to its own element- sharks are exclusively aquatic, and grizzly bears are land predators.

Both polar bears and crocodiles are somewhat amphibious in behavior. So it might be a more interesting fight.

The crocodile is better at holding its breath underwater though. And has thick skin. It would have to grab the bear with its long jaws, and hold the bear under water. The bear would try to maneuver around to get on the crocodiles back to plant his teeth in the croc's neck. Am thinking that the crocodile would have the edge. But it wouldn't be a sure thing.