Page 6 of 7 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,399

15 Sep 2015, 10:42 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
The claim you made was:

Quote:
The only thing that stops Middle Eastern terrorists from killing us all is lack of sophisticated weaponry.


Can you back that up? Or should you retract it?



I'll retract it on ONE condition and if it is not met, it stands.

Go to Gaza and stay for two weeks. During your stay you must go out and mingle just like you would any other vacation.

When you get back, if you do get back, I will retract it.


*shrug* maybe you're just a hateful person making baseless accusations.

Maybe your mind and heart are too primitive to think further than my tribe vs. the other tribe.


That sounds like the Palestinians who never wanted to share with the Jews. They were given a choice and they chose to go to war and they choose to follow Nazi ideology.



blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2011
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,027

15 Sep 2015, 10:54 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
The claim you made was:

Quote:
The only thing that stops Middle Eastern terrorists from killing us all is lack of sophisticated weaponry.


Can you back that up? Or should you retract it?



I'll retract it on ONE condition and if it is not met, it stands.

Go to Gaza and stay for two weeks. During your stay you must go out and mingle just like you would any other vacation.

When you get back, if you do get back, I will retract it.


*shrug* maybe you're just a hateful person making baseless accusations.

Maybe your mind and heart are too primitive to think further than my tribe vs. the other tribe.


That sounds like the Palestinians who never wanted to share with the Jews. They were given a choice and they chose to go to war and they choose to follow Nazi ideology.


Choice? Give up your land because some englishman says so or give up your land at the barrel of a gun? That's a choice?

I'd have gone to war too.



Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,390
Location: Norway

16 Sep 2015, 2:48 am

Barbarism yielding to civilization is inevitable.



Galbwas
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 8 Sep 2015
Age: 21
Posts: 19

16 Sep 2015, 9:29 am

Humanaut wrote:
Barbarism yielding to civilization is inevitable.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture."- Thomas Paine



Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,390
Location: Norway

16 Sep 2015, 9:46 am

They even blow up their own donkeys.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,692
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

16 Sep 2015, 9:49 am

blauSamstag wrote:
Yeah there's an internationally recognized thing called right of return.

Image



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_A ... ian_exodus

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/alj ... 71933.html

It's a 47 minutes video - but you have to watch it to understand the scale of the land-stealing that happened back then.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,692
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

16 Sep 2015, 9:55 am

Ana, most Arabs were actually pro-Allies in WWII.

The Ottomans were friends of Hitler after all.

You should check this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Arab-Responses-Fa ... 1477307575



0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2007
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,262
Location: London

16 Sep 2015, 12:48 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Ana, most Arabs were actually pro-Allies in WWII.

The Ottomans were friends of Hitler after all.

Ottoman Empire ended in 1922, Hitler was a nobody then.

Turkey was neutral in WWII, Turkey cut all diplomatic ties with Germany around 1944, and actually declared war on in in 1945, and became a founder member of NATO.



0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2007
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,262
Location: London

16 Sep 2015, 12:55 pm

Just a shame that the secular state that Ataturk founded is being eroded.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,692
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

17 Sep 2015, 1:24 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Ana, most Arabs were actually pro-Allies in WWII.

The Ottomans were friends of Hitler after all.

Ottoman Empire ended in 1922, Hitler was a nobody then.

Turkey was neutral in WWII, Turkey cut all diplomatic ties with Germany around 1944, and actually declared war on in in 1945, and became a founder member of NATO.


I meant the Turks, I stood corrected - but the collective memory of 5 centuries of Ottoman rule wouldn't disappear in mere 22 years; Arabs always feared the Turks; surely they would prefer to side with the former enemies of turks in WWI than with their former allies.

Ataturk was not friend of the West either in any time, and it is said that Hitler was inspired by him and by the ways he dealt with the minorities.



glebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2015
Age: 57
Posts: 1,665
Location: Mountains of Southern California

17 Sep 2015, 1:29 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Ana, most Arabs were actually pro-Allies in WWII.

The Ottomans were friends of Hitler after all.

Ottoman Empire ended in 1922, Hitler was a nobody then.

Turkey was neutral in WWII, Turkey cut all diplomatic ties with Germany around 1944, and actually declared war on in in 1945, and became a founder member of NATO.


I meant the Turks, I stood corrected - but the collective memory of 5 centuries of Ottoman rule wouldn't disappear in mere 22 years; Arabs always feared the Turks; surely they would prefer to side with the former enemies of turks in WWI than with their former allies.

Ataturk was not friend of the West either in any time, and it is said that Hitler was inspired by him and by the ways he dealt with the minorities.

Yeah, Ataturk set a grand example for ethnic cleansing years before the term was invented. What he did to the Greeks in what used to be Ionia was absolutely barbaric.


_________________
When everyone is losing their heads except you, maybe you don't understand the situation.


0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2007
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,262
Location: London

17 Sep 2015, 4:14 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I meant the Turks, I stood corrected - but the collective memory of 5 centuries of Ottoman rule wouldn't disappear in mere 22 years; Arabs always feared the Turks; surely they would prefer to side with the former enemies of turks in WWI than with their former allies.

Ataturk was not friend of the West either in any time, and it is said that Hitler was inspired by him and by the ways he dealt with the minorities.


You are simplifying things far too much, for instance in what eventually became Lebanon and Syria the Turks favored the Sunni tribes. Tribal has always dominated and still does.

The idea of universal support of anything, implies these tribes are getting along. That is what need to happen, but hasn't yet.



0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2007
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,262
Location: London

17 Sep 2015, 4:16 pm

Back on the question of antisemitism in the middle east and north Africa, the Nazis directly influenced this, as did the USSR.



0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2007
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,262
Location: London

17 Sep 2015, 4:25 pm

glebel wrote:
Yeah, Ataturk set a grand example for ethnic cleansing years before the term was invented. What he did to the Greeks in what used to be Ionia was absolutely barbaric.


He also used the term Jihad in reference to this.

However legacy wise Turkey has been more contained than the Ottomans were.

It has also produced some great thinker and Atheists such as Turan Dursun.

Going down hill now.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,692
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

18 Sep 2015, 2:01 am

0_equals_true wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I meant the Turks, I stood corrected - but the collective memory of 5 centuries of Ottoman rule wouldn't disappear in mere 22 years; Arabs always feared the Turks; surely they would prefer to side with the former enemies of turks in WWI than with their former allies.

Ataturk was not friend of the West either in any time, and it is said that Hitler was inspired by him and by the ways he dealt with the minorities.


You are simplifying things far too much, for instance in what eventually became Lebanon and Syria the Turks favored the Sunni tribes. Tribal has always dominated and still does.

The idea of universal support of anything, implies these tribes are getting along. That is what need to happen, but hasn't yet.


Favoring in term of viewing them as bit higher cattle, while others as lower cattle...