Your Aspie Quiz results and diagnoses

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Hadeharia
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Sep 2015, 12:21 am

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 125 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 83 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Even though I am diagnosed with ASD, I score lower on this quiz than most users here. This might be because my biggest ASD-related problem is executive dysfunction, not relational or social issues. My social skills are generally okay; I can pass for NT most of the time. Online autism tests almost always emphasize social impairment above all else, but occupational impairment is a far greater struggle for me. If I could manage working a full-time job outside of my home, then I might not even qualify for an ASD diagnosis.

Quizzes like this must be taken with a grain of salt. Many nonautistic individuals with ADHD, highly introverted personalities, and/or severe social anxiety would score higher than I did. Some people are just plain bad at self-assessment, which leads to inaccurate results that skew one way or the other, depending on how you see yourself.

When I first took this test, I received a much lower score than this one because I did not realize how atypical (read: autistic) my behavior was. My Aspie score went up by around thirty points soon after I received my diagnosis.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 1:51 am

EzraS wrote:
iliketrees wrote:
It changes every time I do it and I suspect some of my answers were wrong as I have a hard time judging what I do and don't do.

That's a big problem with a test like this. I know more about what I do and don't do from what I am told by my family when I ask, rather than from personal observation.

Same from me. I learned so much about myself when my parents talked to the psychiatrists, and also from the notes they made from observing me. I was genuinely surprised by some things. Weird to find out you do something all the time without even realising you're doing it.

SkyHeart
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Sep 2015, 3:18 am

My score is 151
I am diagnosed with autistic disorder

Myriad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Sep 2015, 10:10 am

Thanks all for your replies so far. It's interesting to see your results.

redrobin62 wrote:
My concern with the Aspie Quiz, now in its 4th iteration, is that it leans way too much to sex questions. I think for a lot of us sex questions probably shouldn't be there because we're either alone or have no partners anyway. Some of us don't even have any family members around. I would like to see more questions about special interests, noise and light sensitivity, information overload, awkwardness, fascination with patterns, eye contact, black & white thinking, stimming and so on.

I'm 148/200.

Yeah, I had to put 'don't know' for a lot of those questions too.

AQ: 39 / 50

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 10:39 am

While the aspie test produces interesting results and a lot of hard work has gone into it, it is important to remember that it's main function is actually a hypothesis test. As Redrobin has observed the current hypothesis revolves around sexual preference.

In response to your original post, my score is 140 ND - 70 NT. Although according to my GP my traits are sub-clinical.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 10:41 am

Would you all agree that these online tests might be good screening tools, but not so good ultimate diagnostic tools?

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 10:45 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Would you all agree that these online tests might be good screening tools, but not so good ultimate diagnostic tools?

Yeah, I've gotten slightly different numbers each time I've taken the RDOS (+/- 10 points). Good for a ballpark figure, doesn't seem to be real precise.

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 10:48 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Yes, any online test can only be, at best, a screening tool.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 10:58 am

I don't think it's quite there as a screening tool. When I was screened I, my parents, and my school all had to fill in questionnaires and it asked a lot of questions about developmental and childhood history which this quiz lacks but is also a key part of the criteria. It has potential though, and I think it's experimental intentionally as there's questions about theories like the Neanderthal questions. It's a bit different in that respect. I guess it's a study.

Myriad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Sep 2015, 11:00 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Yes. While it seems that many of you here have ASD diagnoses (naturally) and RDOS results that line up with those, I still wonder about how an otherwise allistic person with social anxiety, OCD, or BPD would go (for example).

AQ: 39 / 50

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 1:04 pm

neilson_wheels wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Yes, any online test can only be, at best, a screening tool.

Agreed

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 1:20 pm

did this before but cant remember, but I did it again just now and got:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 191 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 21 of 200

prof diagx: asd, as, hfa, gad, mci, add, bd(mdi), bdd, bif, mdd, la, mws, md, nd(dad), ocd, ptsd, pi

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 3:23 pm

Scorpius14 wrote:

prof diagx: asd, as, hfa, gad, mci, add, bd(mdi), bdd, bif, mdd, la, mws, md, nd(dad), ocd, ptsd, pi

I have no clue what most of those diagnosis are

Hadeharia
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Sep 2015, 3:33 pm

Myriad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Yes. While it seems that many of you here have ASD diagnoses (naturally) and RDOS results that line up with those, I still wonder about how an otherwise allistic person with social anxiety, OCD, or BPD would go (for example).

I am curious about this well. I know a few nonautistic individuals who would receive high scores on this quiz, possibly even higher than I would. Yet none of them are autistic, just neurodiverse in different ways and/or on the broader autistic phenotype.

Funnily enough, I took the Aspie Quiz when I was sixteen years old and did not score very high. Since I did not score in the autistic range, I assumed that I was not autistic and searched for other diagnoses to explain my issues, such as schizoid personality disorder. This is why I am wary about online assessment tests: If I had not dismissed my autistic behavior due to online quizzes, perhaps I could have gotten diagnosed earlier.

RubyTates
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Sep 2015, 3:49 pm

Scorpius14 wrote:

My results were very similar to yours:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 188 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 20 of 200

amymarie.
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Sep 2015, 2:20 am

im self diagnosed. unfortunately i have not been able to go get an official diagnosis yet..

this is my score:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 163 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 53 of 200