What's the scariest horror movie you've watched?

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2015, 3:19 pm

And why? The scariest horror movie I've watched is 1408. It also made me depressed since I felt sorry for John Cusack's character....

EthosNKA
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Sep 2015, 3:30 pm

The hills have eyes. It made me give up finishing the pizza I was eating.

Coyote chasing Deer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Sep 2015, 3:36 pm

THE RING!! !! !

I am very visual and this movie scared the absolute crap outta me. My friends and family thought the movie was a bore and not scary, but I was barely able to sleep for a strait week after.
Not to mention somebody called and hung up right after the stinking movie was over (perhaps a cruel prank from a fellow movie watcher at the time?)
Anyway, I was retardedly terrified of black garbage bags for a long time after.

Really think Aspergers had a lot to do with my over sensitive, emotional 8O overreaction to the film. :skull:

Whirr
Raven
Raven

16 Sep 2015, 6:44 pm

I've seen a few but when I was young I once got to stay up for "Silver Bullet". My mum made me look away for the scary bits. When I was a bit older I got to see all sorts of nasty films but "It" really scared me. I was always afraid he would appear when I was in the shower.

I like how Tim Curry got that job after he played dr. Frankenfurter in Rocky Horror. I suppose he just looked so good with make-up on they decided to take it one step erm... furter.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2015, 8:12 pm

The movie that definitely scared me the most was a poorly written, poorly acted late seventies movie called Prophecy. It deals with mercury poisoning in a wooded area of Maine, which creates monsters, including a hideously ugly mutant bear that goes on the rampage when it's cubs are taken by a do-gooder doctor, and company, trying to prove this was all caused by the local paper company poisoning the environment, as well as the local Native American tribe. From the time I had first seen that mutant bear, as a kid, well into my adulthood (I'm embarrassed to admit), I had lived in fear of that thing when the lights went out at night. I've even had nightmares about it. Later in life, when I saw the movie again, I realized just how cheesy it was, and how the only outstanding monster effect was essentially just the bear puppet head used for closeups (the monster suit was actually pretty phony looking, especially the face, with it's never changing open mouth expression). Still, that horrid mutant bear in my head had always appeared much more real looking, and it was that which had haunted me for years.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2015, 8:17 pm

The video of my first wedding.

I kept wanting to scream at the groom, "RUN! RUN AWAY! RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!", but I knew it was only a movie.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2015, 8:29 pm

Fnord wrote:
The video of my first wedding.

I kept wanting to scream at the groom, "RUN! RUN AWAY! RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!", but I knew it was only a movie.

That's hysterical! You can actually be a hoot sometimes. :lol:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 1:10 pm

The Conjuring, even though I don't watch a lot of horror movies.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 1:13 pm

'The Others'. Pure psychological horror at it's best (worst?).

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 8:42 pm

Blair Witch scared me... mostly just the abrupt way it ended...made me sleep with my door open.
The Ring... mostly cuz i had a real life incident exactly 7 days after seeing the movie (and "watching the tape).

both of those things were when the movie first came out. LOL

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2015, 4:28 pm

Simmian7 wrote:
Blair Witch scared me... mostly just the abrupt way it ended...made me sleep with my door open.
The Ring... mostly cuz i had a real life incident exactly 7 days after seeing the movie (and "watching the tape).

both of those things were when the movie first came out. LOL

I keep hearing about how scary The Ring was. Btw, nice picture of Blu from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends on your profile picture ;)

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2015, 4:37 pm

1982 John Carpenters The Thing. The ultimate sci fi horror film besides maybe Alien. I still squirm when watching it. Folk horror films don't really scare me.

catherinewalker

19 Sep 2015, 1:01 am

Insidious chapter 3

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2015, 1:27 am

I remember watching the ring when I was really young all I remember is I was traumatized by the bathtub scene and the well at the end. Other horror movies never scared me that much.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2015, 9:54 pm

Prometheus. I thought the part were the 2 guys ran into the alien creatures was really creepy because they were just standing straight up like they were staring at the 2 guys, but they didn't have any eyes. Some of the scenes were really graphic too. I felt bad for the 2 guys and the couple. I had trouble sleeping for a few nights after seeing that one too.

Last edited by slw1990 on 19 Sep 2015, 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

19 Sep 2015, 9:56 pm

I watched Pet Semetary way too young, that movie scared the hell out of me