Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2015, 3:40 pm

I HATE TINDER!

I GET A MATCH WITH A GIRL BUT WHAT'S THE POINT? SHE HAS LITERALLY 10 OTHER GUYS FIGHTING OVER HER AND WHY THE HELL WOULD SHE CHOOSE ME? IM A LOSER, I CAN'T TALK WITH WOMEN, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY. IM UGLY, IM STUPID, IM SOCIALLY AWKWARD. THEY ALWAYS GHOST ME OR DONT RESPOND, THEY DONT GIVE ME A CHANCE!

ID BE SCARED TO DO ANYTHING LIKE GO ON A DATE BECAUSE THEN SHE WOULD SEE ME KNOW HOW MUCH OF A LOSER I REALLY AM. IM ONLY 5 FT 3, BIG HEAD, WEIRD VOICE, UGLY FACE, AND TERRIBLE SOCIALLY. IM DESTINED TO FAIL WITH EVERY GIRL. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THATS LIKE?

BUT I WANT TO BE WITH A PRETTY GIRL SO BAD BUT THATS SOMETHING I COULD NEVER HAVE. AND WHEN A GIRL I LIKE CHOOSES ANOTHER GUY OVER ME SIMPLY BECAUSE HE'S MORE CHARMING, TALLER, MORE ATTRACTIVE, AND BETTER SOCIALLY, I FEEL LIKE PUNCHING A WALL. IT'S UNFAIR! THERES ONLY SO MUCH I CAN TAKE!

THIS IS WHY I HATE DATING BECAUSE ITS SOMETHING I WILL NEVER BE GOOD AT. I WAS BORN DIFFERENT, I WAS BORN AUTISTIC. AUTISM IS A SYNONYM FOR UNDATEABLE.

IM NOT LIKE MOST GUYS WHERE THEY CAN TAKE REJECTION AND SIMPLY BRUSH IT OFF. I CANT DO THAT, EVERY TIME A GIRL GHOSTS ME OR REJECTS ME, IT HURTS AND IT TAKES ME SEVERAL DAYS OR EVEN MONTHS TO RECOVER.

IM DELETING THAT TINDER APP BECAUSE WHATS THE POINT ANYMORE?

EthosNKA
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Sep 2015, 3:56 pm

You wouldn't find any worthy people there anyway. Tinder is too mundane I guess.

Emerald65
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Sep 2015, 4:11 pm

I think you should delete your profile. This sounds to much pressure. Have you heard of meetup ? Google for detail , I have found this great way to meet new people. I notice there are some groups for social anxiety. It's not a dating site, just a way to get out andmeet people. However people do meet partners via the groups.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2015, 4:15 pm

I HATE CAPS.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2015, 4:20 pm

bust a cap in da app :idea:

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2015, 5:42 pm

I hate them, I hate them all. I hate them because they're what I could never have and i'm a loser because of it.

I'm just so upset right now, I want to scream.

Do you know what it's like to watch a girl you like and really want to be with walk off with another guy? For her to ignore you and treat you like you don't matter? Someone you obsess over for months call you a creep! This happens all of the time.

Iv'e changed a lot this year... Iv'e become more angry and depressed over myself. Look at me, i'm just some stupid ugly autistic who's going to be single for the rest of his life.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2015, 9:23 pm

Based on what you have said in this thread, perhaps one thing for you to work on is to learn how not to obsess over someone and therefore not exhibit signs of "creepiness".

It sounds like these women aren't simply choosing someone else, they are seeing something in your behaviour that is turning them off (i.e. they find you creepy). Figure out what that is, see if you can work on it, might help.

Yes, I do know what it is like to watch someone you like walk off with someone else. I think most people know that feeling. I imagine it is easier to deal with if you haven't gotten to the point of obsessing over them. If you are not intimate with them, you probably don't really know them well enough to know if they are even worth obsessing over, so anything more than a healthy dose of attraction and interest is unnecessary and can lead to unnecessary pain.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2015, 11:24 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:

Yes, I do know what it is like to watch someone you like walk off with someone else. I think most people know that feeling. I imagine it is easier to deal with if you haven't gotten to the point of obsessing over them. If you are not intimate with them, you probably don't really know them well enough to know if they are even worth obsessing over, so anything more than a healthy dose of attraction and interest is unnecessary and can lead to unnecessary pain.

One can not always help whom they become attracted to and obsessed with.

Us shy guys who have very little interaction with women are more likely to become obsessed with a girl who shows us interest because it's so rare, it's like holy s**t, this girl is special.

I became so obsessed with this one girl earlier this year, I knew it was wrong but I coudn't help it. To me she was the most beautiful girl I had ever met. And when she got a boyfriend and moved away I was so mad.

Butterfiend
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Sep 2015, 12:20 am

darkphantomx1 wrote:
Someone you obsess over for months call you a creep!

I think we found our problem here.

AQ Score:44

Feel free to PM me for any reason at all. I like to talk to people online.

"I do not know what I am, and soon it may not matter." -Mewtwo.

"Time passes, people move. Like a river’s flow, it never ends." - Sheik

"I'm not popular enough to be different." -Homer Simpson

Callmesisixoxo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2016, 1:08 pm

Apps like Tinder or Hot or Not are shallow, being a girl, most guys on those things are there for a hook up or to 'Netflix and chill' and likewise guys I match with have probably made contact with 10 or more girls and have them on lock, however not all of them, some can be genuine, but it takes time and looking into people.

Many girls are like that, they focus on looks, charm, occupation etc but you can find some amazing ones who will appreciate character initially, it just takes time. With dates I always feel nervous about sparking a conversation, but you just have to kick away any doubts and try your best, it can be tricky with Aspergers but I usually go to places that are interesting with lots of ice breakers and you can't blame yourself if you try!

Maybe get to know some aspie girls, there are pretty aspie girls out there who might also understand you. I am dating a NT at moment but some aspie guys I've encountered aren't so bad and seem pretty awesome to me.

It's all just judgement on someone's profile picture etc and you never really know if everyone on there is genuine. You should delete the app like I did and find an alternative.

I used to mess around on those things but eventually I stopped and just met people through friends or if I talk to anyone online I really look into them, how many people they talk to, what those people are like, how they are treating me etc.

I'm Aspergers and I've been on many dates :) don't feel like it's not possible or that we are undateable.

Last edited by Callmesisixoxo on 22 Jan 2016, 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 1:14 pm

darkphantomx1 wrote:
[
Us shy guys who have very little interaction with women are more likely to become obsessed with a girl who shows us interest because it's so rare, it's like holy s**t, this girl is special.

I became so obsessed with this one girl earlier this year, I knew it was wrong but I coudn't help it. To me she was the most beautiful girl I had ever met. And when she got a boyfriend and moved away I was so mad.

The solution for that is to get out there via groups like Meetup. You will soon realize that these women are a dime a dozen and in hindsight, are not that special after all. I have obsessed with more than one woman in my life (7-10 probably) and looking back, I cringe at the thought of being married to ANY of them. Trust me you will see years from now they are NOT worth losing sleep over.

AR15000
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jan 2016, 1:57 pm

darkphantomx1 wrote:
I HATE TINDER!

I GET A MATCH WITH A GIRL BUT WHAT'S THE POINT? SHE HAS LITERALLY 10 OTHER GUYS FIGHTING OVER HER AND WHY THE HELL WOULD SHE CHOOSE ME? IM A LOSER, I CAN'T TALK WITH WOMEN, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY. IM UGLY, IM STUPID, IM SOCIALLY AWKWARD. THEY ALWAYS GHOST ME OR DONT RESPOND, THEY DONT GIVE ME A CHANCE!

ID BE SCARED TO DO ANYTHING LIKE GO ON A DATE BECAUSE THEN SHE WOULD SEE ME KNOW HOW MUCH OF A LOSER I REALLY AM. IM ONLY 5 FT 3, BIG HEAD, WEIRD VOICE, UGLY FACE, AND TERRIBLE SOCIALLY. IM DESTINED TO FAIL WITH EVERY GIRL. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THATS LIKE?

BUT I WANT TO BE WITH A PRETTY GIRL SO BAD BUT THATS SOMETHING I COULD NEVER HAVE. AND WHEN A GIRL I LIKE CHOOSES ANOTHER GUY OVER ME SIMPLY BECAUSE HE'S MORE CHARMING, TALLER, MORE ATTRACTIVE, AND BETTER SOCIALLY, I FEEL LIKE PUNCHING A WALL. IT'S UNFAIR! THERES ONLY SO MUCH I CAN TAKE!

THIS IS WHY I HATE DATING BECAUSE ITS SOMETHING I WILL NEVER BE GOOD AT. I WAS BORN DIFFERENT, I WAS BORN AUTISTIC. AUTISM IS A SYNONYM FOR UNDATEABLE.

IM NOT LIKE MOST GUYS WHERE THEY CAN TAKE REJECTION AND SIMPLY BRUSH IT OFF. I CANT DO THAT, EVERY TIME A GIRL GHOSTS ME OR REJECTS ME, IT HURTS AND IT TAKES ME SEVERAL DAYS OR EVEN MONTHS TO RECOVER.

IM DELETING THAT TINDER APP BECAUSE WHATS THE POINT ANYMORE?

First off, stop obsessing about women who ain't into you homie!

And furthermore, Tinder is full of BOTS(fake profiles who use a chatterbot conservational generator program to create messages). This is one dating app that really seems to not work very well for men despite all the BS media hype. I say use it for entertainment but don't take it seriously. It's a waste of time.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 6:32 pm

I recently actually tried out this Tinder thingumy and discovered it's not as bad as I had expected. BUT, it certainly is NOT for people who don't handle rejection well (like the OP). Ghosting and rejecting are the main things that happen on it. It's so common to send one or two messages then one person "unmatches" the other. Also there are people who swipe right on everybody, then actually look at their picture and bio only once there is a match, so again there's a lot of "unmatching" going on.

Only use Tinder if you are aware of its fickle nature and are fine with that.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2016, 2:49 am

I feel you.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2016, 4:35 am

darkphantomx1 wrote:
Someone you obsess over for months call you a creep! This happens all of the time.

Rule #1 in obsessing about a girl: Always make sure she is interested in you before starting to obsess about her. She won't become interested in you because you obsess about her, rather that is what causes her to call you a creep.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2016, 4:51 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
Based on what you have said in this thread, perhaps one thing for you to work on is to learn how not to obsess over someone and therefore not exhibit signs of "creepiness".

Not necessarily. The creepiness factor comes in when there is no mutual interest. If there is mutual interest, it can just as well be interpreted in a positive way.

yellowtamarin wrote:

In my experience, I cannot get really attached to somebody without a obsessive phase, so the alternative will mean I get shallow attachments which easily break. And intimacy means nothing to me attachment-wise.

My tactics to ensure mutual interest always was that the girl needed to participate in the eye-contact game, and when that is done over longer times, it practically guarantees mutual interest. Thus, I wouldn't obsess about a girl unless she participated in the eye-contact game for a while. At least for me that worked pretty well.