Page 60 of 73 [ 1159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 73  Next

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2018, 1:16 am

auntblabby wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
if I was more of a clotheshorse, i'd wear interesting foreign threads also. i'd love to be able to try more foreign foods but they are not available where I live. drat. :|

If I was a girl I'd want to wear a cheongsam too. They're beautiful and classy-looking. :heart:

Ironically the Chinese food that Americans eat isn't what they actually eat over in China It's made to appeal more to American tastes. Still tastes good though. :lol:

I like the Chinese form of Gyoza [Shumai?], they are steamed and full of spicy meat. place in Seattle called Uwajimayas serves 'em, such a long@$$ed drive though. :|

I like sesame street chicken best. Who would have thought Big Bird tasted so good? :D

I want to learn to cook Chinese food one day. Like the kind they serve in buffets. :chef:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2018, 1:19 am

I wish I could have eaten some of what Justin Wilson made (RIP), ah GEH-rohn-TEE. :chef:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 11:58 am

Yesterday I learned that people in ancient Rome really loved their dogs, and treated them a lot like dog lovers treat their pets today. And when their dogs died, the Romans would bury them and put up graves that had such sorrowful words mourning their loss that it brought tears to my eyes, even though I'm a cat person.

Dogs, cats, it doesn't matter, I know how painful it is when a furry friend that's like a member of the family has died. :(

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 1:43 pm

Good news: I've got a personal thing to write about and a topic which I want to write about. (Something I've longed for for a while)
Bad news: that's because my granddad was in hospital with a heart condition he almost died of
Blunt truth: he shouldn't have been such a smoking addict and I hope he stops now. It's pretty stupid to keep smoking like he does after your wife dies of it
Good blunt truth: his only symptom was falling asleep sometimes and having a nap. This must be what it's like when people say 'he passed away peacefully in his sleep having never had any symptoms' and we all get jealous because we're all going to die of something and that something will probably hurt. I hope he dies of the same illness but in 20 years or so, not now, and that no other disease ever gets to him.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 5:54 pm

lostonearth,

I feel the same way. I have experienced the loss of a pet many times, and it always hurts.

PredatoryTunicate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2019, 6:33 pm

I am made of a ridiculous amount of cells.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 7:06 pm

Some Aspies are bigger jerks than Neurotypicals.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 9:47 pm

auntblabby wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
the vast majority of amuuuricans cannot trill their R's to say a foreign word with R's in it. the uniquely hard flat American R is indelible.

Japan sorta has a similar problem with words that have an "L" in them, as there is no Japanese equivalent to the English letter L and they often replace it with an R.

from knowing my Japanese mother, I know that the average Japanese person cannot even "hear" or comprehend the sound of the western R. their "R" is really a combination of a very soft L and D mixed together.

Personally I always thought the way they replaced L in non-Japanese words sounded like a conbination if W and R.

Like the name "Alice" often sounds like "Awricia".

Fdlied dlIce = fried rice.

Oh yeah!

Flayed lice!

They take the time to take each of those little lice, and FLAY the skins off of them with little whips one by one! While theyre still alive! If it were any other creature I would feel sorry for those wretched little screaming creatures! But theyre lice. So its all PAYBACK! :lol: Its very labor intensive, but its worth it when they cook em up. Theyre good. Taste kinda like rice, that's been fried. Kinda what they look like too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 11:47 pm

goes well with a good chianti :chef:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 6:42 pm

Most kinds of root beer are non-alcoholic, so if someone who does not drink alcohol is offered a beer, they might say, "only if it's the root variety".

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 10:15 pm

I have a deep love towards Fluttershy from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. I don't even care that she's a pony. She seems far more human than anything else as far as I'm concerned. Like she's human, but just in a different form.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 1:57 am

our dysfunctional health care financing and delivery system leaves much to be desired.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 12:31 pm

Root beer in North America was once commonly made with a plant called sassafras, but most root beer is now commonly flavored with some artificial ingredient because the FDA in says sassafras is carcinogenic.

Also root beer is my favorite soft drink. I like A&W the best. :)

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 11:21 pm

I don't really prefer any one soda over another. Just as long as it's not diet, I'm good. Diet soda always tastes flat to me. XP

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 11:11 am

I drink soda only on rare occasions, once a week or less. Diet Pepsi tastes like medicine.

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2019, 8:34 am

Planck's constant = 6.62607015×10−34 J⋅s