Showering, bathing, washing in general

Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 10:49 am

How long have you been without showering, bathing, washing of any kind.
I'm not talking about situations where you couldn't have because you were camping, living in the wilderness etc.
I'm talking about normal living conditions where you could have but chose not to because of laziness, tiredness, apathy, didn't see the need, or sensory issues like where the water hitting your skin was too painful to partake in or temperature changes for the same reason, etc.

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 10:52 am

I shower once a day, sometimes twice a day.

When I went to Trinidad, I used to bathe 5 times a day sometimes.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 10:53 am

I'm not sure, a long time. Over a month probably.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 10:55 am

If I'm not working or otherwise being active, every other day is my max. However, I can't stand water spraying on my face, so I usually take baths and then just rinse off.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 11:03 am

glebel wrote:
If I'm not working or otherwise being active, every other day is my max. However, I can't stand water spraying on my face, so I usually take baths and then just rinse off.

What does 'every other day' mean? Is that every second day?

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 11:05 am

Yes.

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 11:21 am

I shower every morning before I do anything. I have major sensory issues if I don't have a shower because it feels really weird if I'm not clean. Also it's part of my routine so I can't not have a shower.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 11:28 am

i consider my bed to be a sanctuary, and whilst i do not sweat or have any bodily exudates that would require washing often, i nevertheless am keenly aware that i have touched things in the public that day, and so i must wash it off before going to bed. the thought of me absorbing the oils from the fingerprints of other people that previously touched what i had to touch that day into my skin is always sufficient to make me unwilling to go to bed until i know i am cleansed of all the soils of the world that i have had to physically touch that day.

otherwise i would feel like i am sleeping on a "chewing gum splattered asphalt" of a subway station entrance.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 11:46 am

I shower every day since I become a woman at age 13,5 (mom told me "woman must wash themselves once a day" - it was a rule at first but now it is my daily routine).
But as a girl I bathed once a week or less.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 12:18 pm

tetris wrote:
I shower every morning before I do anything. I have major sensory issues if I don't have a shower because it feels really weird if I'm not clean. Also it's part of my routine so I can't not have a shower.

I never get the feeling that I'm 'dirty'! I can go for ages without showering and I don't feel/smell dirty. And if it ain't dirty, don't clean it.

Perhaps I'm letting too much out but... I think the shampoo/cologne companies are making way too much money out of the hype!

I don't even know what that means but it sounds right. They're just trying to get money out of you, just like everyone else in this sad world we're forced to live in.

Fortunately, we're not forced to conform, at least, not in the country I've been set down in!

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 12:40 pm

ImAnAspie wrote:
tetris wrote:

I never get the feeling that I'm 'dirty'! I can go for ages without showering and I don't feel/smell dirty. And if it ain't dirty, don't clean it.

Perhaps I'm letting too much out but... I think the shampoo/cologne companies are making way too much money out of the hype!

I don't even know what that means but it sounds right. They're just trying to get money out of you, just like everyone else in this sad world we're forced to live in.

Fortunately, we're not forced to conform, at least, not in the country I've been set down in!

I'm not being forced to conform, nor is anyone trying to get money out of me. I like to be clean, it feels really weird if I'm not and its a major part of my routine and can't cope if I don't have a shower.

Good for you if you don't feel the need to shower, but I do, I like showers, for me showers are good.

Also, I don't think this world is sad, I quite like it.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 12:43 pm

Kiriae wrote:
I shower every day since I become a woman at age 13,5 (mom told me "woman must wash themselves once a day" - it was a rule at first but now it is my daily routine).
But as a girl I bathed once a week or less.

When I was little and living on the farm, we would bathe on Saturday nights ( that was the tradition). Now, however, there is no way I could do that.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 12:50 pm

Due to prevalent feelings of apathy and inherent indolence, I bathe no more than four times a week. A shower would be more convenient and I do wish to have one installed, but such a purchase represents quite an expensive investment.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 12:53 pm

i know i talk about flies a lot, but i do not care.
even flies have an instinct to remove from their selves the dirt they have accumulated during the time they were otherwise occupied.
they busily rub their hind legs together, and they rub their heads over and over again.

my cat licks herself clean constantly and she smells of nothing, and her white patches of fur are whiter than bleach can achieve. she is very clean and clean is good if one does not want to share their life with a host of freeloading bacteria or other organisms.

it is natural for all forms of life to rid their selves self of foreign biological freeloaders.

it is not good to let one's hygiene deteriorate or else other lives less worthy than yours can usurp your vitality.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 1:04 pm

JakeASD wrote:
Due to prevalent feelings of apathy and inherent indolence, I bathe no more than four times a week. A shower would be more convenient and I do wish to have one installed, but such a purchase represents quite an expensive investment.

Hahaha, I was sure you would say month/year! That was anticlimatic. :lol:

I rarely put deodorant or cologne on cause I'm pretty sure some girls have liked my smell.
When I had showered recently, that is. :P

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 1:11 pm

Earthling wrote:
JakeASD wrote:

Hahaha, I was sure you would say month/year! That was anticlimatic. :lol:

I rarely put deodorant or cologne on cause I'm pretty sure some girls have liked my smell.
When I had showered recently, that is. :P

Before we were married, my late wife used to tell that I smelled like a man when I was sweaty. Afterwards, I stunk and badly needed a bath. Something to bear in mind. :wink: