"A Brilliant Young Mind" film's lead character is autistic

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 6:45 am

slave wrote:
I have another documentary on the theme of Maths and ASD that I recommend, here it is for those so inclined.

Title:Growing Pains of a Teenage Genius

Subject: Cameron Thompson

"Cameron Thompson is a young man with Aspergers Syndrome and severe anxiety issues.

Going through school he was bullied and struggled to cope with everyday pressure but he was very good at Maths.

He was able to lose himself in mathematical study and this was his passion. At the age of 15 he was awarded a B.Sc (Hons) degree. When he turned 16 he went to the local 6th form college but quit after one day; he could not cope with the pressure and all the people. Focusing on further studies, Cameron began his Masters Degree and this became his whole life. He loves his maths and it lets him escape from his difficulties."
Source: above noted

Enjoy!...I know I did! :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

I already watched this one. Since documentaries about people with ASD and who are good at maths are so rare I keep an eye out for them. I'm pretty sure I've watched almost all of them.

This guy does sound a lot like me. Asperger's and severe anxiety issues + profound mathematics talent.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

wildminion
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jan 2017, 7:20 am

there's this movie about Temple Grandin (she's a humane livestock scientist), you guys should check that out. it's really inspiring. (sorry i couldn't find links anywhere :|)

FragMichNichtWiesMirGeht
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jan 2017, 11:46 am

The lead character is a stereotype of autism, that typical autistic boy with "special powers". The other boy in the film is not a stereotype. That's how I saw it.