ABA and learning to obey adult sexual predators

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

B19
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2015, 5:03 pm

I have never seen this topic talked about anywhere before. It causes me a kind a ripple of heart pain to think about, because of the awful implications. It's embedded in this piece:

http://kpaginatedthoughts.blogspot.co.n ... ic_20.html

Some will dismiss out of hand (some people dismiss the reality of CSA generally too). Be that as it may - says a lot about them rather than the topic - if you teach a child, by applying sustained suggestion and punishment, to violate their own natural sense of self or else, to devalue their natural selves to a point of worthlessness and suppression - that which must never be spoken of again - you may be serving paedophiles the perfect victim up on a plate, requiring only the miminal token grooming, as their natural barriers of self-integrity, self worth, their sense of healthy relationship to other people, has already been destroyed, along with their credibility and right to assert themselves, so they will never 'tell'.

Horrendous to think about really - so we don't think about it. Maybe it's time we did...

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2015, 5:26 pm

I agree with the quote above. It breaks down barriers and leaves one vulnerable to exploitation.