The Quran is not worse than the Hebrew Bible

Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 3:32 pm

andrethemoogle wrote:
These are the messages I received. Debating about sending it to the authorities or not.

i am so very sorry... i dont know what got into me.... im really sorry...

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 3:39 pm

andrethemoogle wrote:
These are the messages I received. Debating about sending it to the authorities or not.

My personal opinion is if there is any incitement legally, the it is should be recorded. But perhaps also charities that work with young people on counter narratives like Quilliam Society should also be informed.

http://www.quilliamfoundation.org/contact-us/

I don't know what groups there are in the US. Quilliam is UK based but also operates internationally.

If it falls short of incitement, then perhaps just ask for advice from one of those groups.

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 3:47 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
andrethemoogle wrote:

My personal opinion is if there is any incitement legally, the it is should be recorded. But perhaps also charities that work with young people on counter narratives like Quilliam Society should also be informed.

I don't know what groups there are in the US. Quilliam is UK based but also operates internationally.

If it falls short of incitement, then perhaps just ask for advice from one of those groups.

wait, so I might get arrested????

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 4:04 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
andrethemoogle wrote:

Before i sent the video (which was the anthem of isis), i wrote, "now suck on this..." is that incitement??? answer me, please???

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 4:07 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:
andrethemoogle wrote:

wait, so I might get arrested????

Take a deep breath - - no one's getting arrested for that sort of post, otherwise over half of internet users would be behind bars for now. :lol:
While I'm hardly an expert on how the mods decide things on WP, my suggestion is that you fess up to one of them, and explain how emotion had gotten the best of you, and that it'll never happen again. The moderators, from what I've observed, are a fair lot.

Peejay
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Sep 2015, 4:18 pm

This kind of bile and aggression is why I am anti religion (of all denominations).

`My God is better than your God`.... its pretty childish, tribal stuff.

By the way the programming is on all sides (that is essentially what formal religions are all about)

As fellow humans we really need to evolve past this kind of primitive dispute.

I may not be the only person who has noticed that throughout the millenia when the dispute is about religious differences a war usually results and countless innocents die in the name of hypocritical faiths who espouse peace.

And so it continues........

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 4:21 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:
Before i sent the video (which was the anthem of isis), i wrote, "now suck on this..." is that incitement??? answer me, please???

It is inadvisable, because the anthem may contain incitement. I doubt you will get arrested.

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 4:23 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
MonsterCrack wrote:

It is inadvisable, because the anthem may contain incitement. I doubt you will get arrested.

the lyrics of the video are, "my ummah, dawn has appeared, so await the expected victory... the islamic state has risen by the blood of the righteous..."

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 4:31 pm

MonsterCrack my advice is broaden your horizons, seek knowledge from many different groups like Quilliam.

There is no point taking things so personally, becuase if this is your faith your conviction, then what people say about is neither here or there.

It is important that we can openly debate, you can refute the point. Don't make it personal. Even if someone else makes if personal don't stoop to their level.

Offense impedes debate, so it is not so constructive.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 4:50 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
It is the Arabized version of Hebrew Bible.

Interesting video. The Syriac version not only does not seem to contradict the central meaning of the conventional Koran it seems to convey that message with greater logic and economy. Why would God create a "river" beneath the Virgin Mary's feet? Doesn't even make any metaphoric sense.

But many suicide bombers are sure in for a rude shock!

"GRAPES? I blew myself to bits for...GRAPES!?"

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Sep 2015, 4:52 pm

Monster Crack, please don't let your emotions get the better of you again. Luckily the folk here are pretty understanding. Differences of opinion are always to be debated in a sensible way and no resorting to inflammatory videos or trying to convert people to your religion.

No more of this or the thread will be locked as it is becoming a religious row.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 5:55 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:
the lyrics of the video are, "my ummah, dawn has appeared, so await the expected victory... the islamic state has risen by the blood of the righteous..."

Chalk it up to experience.

Consider if you were living under ISIS, they wouldn't have been so understanding.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 11:09 pm

As far as I remember reading of it it's something like a fast-average of intensities between old and new testament, leaning more toward new testament, so by virtue of lacking the Hebrew old testament it's a gentler book.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2015, 7:50 am

naturalplastic wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
It is the Arabized version of Hebrew Bible.

Interesting video. The Syriac version not only does not seem to contradict the central meaning of the conventional Koran it seems to convey that message with greater logic and economy. Why would God create a "river" beneath the Virgin Mary's feet? Doesn't even make any metaphoric sense.

But many suicide bombers are sure in for a rude shock!

"GRAPES? I blew myself to bits for...GRAPES!?"

God has a great sense of humor, isn't he?

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2015, 11:26 pm

The Quoran just like the bible provides entertaining fairytales and pages for toilet papet as I wipe my ass after taking a dump!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2015, 4:54 am

andrethemoogle wrote:

Isn't that pic in the ISIS video from Assassin's Creed?

lol